Side windows lock by ice

Sergemazda

:
Mazda CX-5 2017 - GT
Hi,

i'm questionning about a way to limit side windows locked by ice, water transformed on ice during winter. With the new way Mazda get a better sound insulation on cx5 2017, they added a lot of joints. That doesn't help when temp down and water/humidity become ice around side windows. It's creating a large surface where joint and windows are stick by ice, and power electric windows hasn't enough power (that 's normal) to unstick/break ice.

I was thinking to use Teflon snow ice repellent spray on joint all around thw windows. The one you can sometime use on a showel...

Is someone already test that ? doest it any risk for the joint on long time (damaging with alcool or composition of the spray) ?

Thanks.

Hi,

i'm questionning about a way to limit side windows locked by ice, water transformed on ice during winter. With the new way Mazda get a better sound insulation on cx5 2017, they added a lot of joints. That doesn't help when temp down and water/humidity become ice around side windows. It's creating a large surface where joint and windows are stick by ice, and power electric windows hasn't enough power (that 's normal) to unstick/break ice.

I was thinking to use Teflon snow ice repellent spray on joint all around thw windows. The one you can sometime use on a showel...

Is someone already test that ? doest it any risk for the joint on long time (damaging with alcool or composition of the spray) ?

Thanks.

My 2015 does the same. Every vehicle I've had does that, if you don't do special things as outlined above. I personally don't worry with it, but it can b e annoying.

Thanks for advise. :)
Working well for winter ? Because it's looking more like to shine/repair joint than to not sticky joint...

Thanks for advise. :)
Working well for winter ? Because it's looking more like to shine/repair joint than to not sticky joint...

Um, what? Did you read the description of that 303 product? No mention of shine or repair.

Back