Side cargo nets?

:
2020 CX-5 GT AWD
The gaps on the side in the cargo area seem perfect for cargo nets which would make them way more useful. Has anyone installed cargo nets on the side to create little pockets?

The gaps on the side in the cargo area seem perfect for cargo nets which would make them way more useful. Has anyone installed cargo nets on the side to create little pockets?
For holding what items?

I've got a small nylon zipper bag that holds a couple of spray bottles and a few microfiber towels, but that bag stays in place without a cargo net.

I had side cargo nets in my Subaru Outback and they were so handy! I agree, I'd love to see them for the CX-5.

I've got aftermarket side cargo nets on my CX-9. Got them off AliExpress. They use hook-and-loop to attach to the carpeted areas, and they hold quite well. I had a hell of a time finding the right length though.

IMG_20200804_131936.jpg

IMG_20200804_132004.jpg

I've got aftermarket side cargo nets on my CX-9. Got them off AliExpress. They use hook-and-loop to attach to the carpeted areas, and they hold quite well. I had a hell of a time finding the right length though.

The back panel of the 'cubby' at the back panel is plastic on my 2020. Could still place it on the side at the back but then it's losing it's cubby utility
IMG_20200804_181021.jpg

The back panel of the 'cubby' at the back panel is plastic on my 2020. View attachment 226136

Yeah the pics on Google didn't show that back area so I wasn't sure if it would be the same. With that said, you can still attach them so they're flat to the carpeted areas and create "pockets". The nets are made of a stretchable material, similar to what's used on the cargo netting. You could also "create" a cubby area if you got one of the longer nets and attached the hook-and-loop ends closer together, like this:

IMG_20200805_093419.jpg

Back