Show me your wheels

chrisfern23

2017 CX-5 Touring
Hey guys! I've just mounted these 20x8.5" Zito 935 Matt Gray wheels on my CX-5, wrapped in 255/45R20 Vredesteins. Initially I went with ET30 but they were sticking out quite a bit so I had them changed to ET40 and now they are pretty much flush (10mm made all the difference). The ride is noticeably firmer and the noise is also quite intrusive (even tho I chose the Vredesteins because they were advertised as being 70db instead of 72 or 73 as most other options in this size) and turning the wheel became slightly harder, especially at low speeds. So all in all a step back in comfort but damn, they look good.

Truck looks great man - I got the same color 2017 Touring. I'm getting my wheels next week and excited to see how they look.

:
Mazda Akera 2.2DE Auto 2015
Hey guys

need some advice it this will work.

my current setup is stock 19” with 235/55/19
I want to fit a rim that’s also 19”, but same tyres
New rim is 19” 9.5J ET 42
I’m not lowering the car and wanted to know if I can use the same 235 tyre.

will the 235/55/19 tyre fit ok on the 9.5J rim and secondly if I will experience any rubbing of some sorts when turning sharp or going over bumps.

1st one is the 9.5j ET 42 114.3
2nd is a 20” 8J ET 45
3rd one is 19” 112 pcd
Last one is Merc Rep 5X112 PCD19X8.5 ET : 42

I’m leaning more towards options 1 and 2 as they are 114.3

Attachments

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hey guys

need some advice it this will work.

my current setup is stock 19” with 235/55/19
I want to fit a rim that’s also 19”, but same tyres
New rim is 19” 9.5J ET 42
I’m not lowering the car and wanted to know if I can use the same 235 tyre.

will the 235/55/19 tyre fit ok on the 9.5J rim and secondly if I will experience any rubbing of some sorts when turning sharp or going over bumps.
Orange is OEM, green is your proposed setup. Use the info in the purple section and grab a tape measure to make sure there are no clearance issues. Note that the tire is pretty stretched for a CUV - I would advise against turning too sharply with this setup as you are more likely to break the bead seal vs. a correctly sized tire.

Capture.JPG

This doesn't answer all of your questions, but it's a good place to start. Hopefully others running similar setups can chime in.

Sushi-N-Sake

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
:
Pine Grove,Pa
:
CX5 & Volvo C30 T5
Just bought a set of Rial Lucca 17' for the CX-5.

Decided to stay with OEM size, Factory Mazda lug nuts work with these wheels is a big plus.

1593017131211.png

1593017186433.png

1593017222810.png

1593017257554.png

chrisfern23

2017 CX-5 Touring
Installed new wheels and caliper covers today. Very happy with the look but I got a squeak on one of the caliper covers. Believe it has to be the left rear. They all went on so easy besides that one. I tried it 20’different ways and the test strip for clearance just would not work on the top clip. Anyone experience this before?
763A1C04-F8BE-4AB0-8C80-5061F0D40B32.jpeg

:
Hi guys
vossen.JPG

Just need some advice on theses rims, Vossen s17...20×8j et43 5.112/114pcd black machined.

I like the rim, but i was specifically wanting a 8.5J size. Just wanted to know if anyone can send a link to see how it will look with that size specifically. My idea was to use 255/45/20 tyres, but not sure if the rim will be too narrow.

Would appreciate your feedback and recommendations. Seeing the oem is et50 and a 7j rim, that means the rim will stand out 17mm out if i am correct.

Please send links of wheels fitted with 8j et43.

Link to site https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-car-tyr...4pcd-black-machined/1007571915740910272540709

:
Orange is OEM, green is your proposed setup. Use the info in the purple section and grab a tape measure to make sure there are no clearance issues. Note that the tire is pretty stretched for a CUV - I would advise against turning too sharply with this setup as you are more likely to break the bead seal vs. a correctly sized tire.

View attachment 225400

This doesn't answer all of your questions, but it's a good place to start. Hopefully others running similar setups can chime in.
thanks for the info. I’ve decide to go with the 9.5j et42, I’m going to put on 255/50/19 tyres and sell my 235/55/19 tyres.

I’m not dropping the car at all. Can you confirm if it will rub perhaps and is there anyone that has a similar setup

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
thanks for the info. I’ve decide to go with the 9.5j et42, I’m going to put on 255/50/19 tyres and sell my 235/55/19 tyres.

I’m not dropping the car at all. Can you confirm if it will rub perhaps and is there anyone that has a similar setup
No idea if it would rub, but that's something you can check for yourself if you're willing to look. Using the info from the screenshot I posted, you can check the clearances you have on your own vehicle. Just use your camera to take some photos, like I did on my CX-9 here:

Old:

New:

:
CX-5 Signature
This is my 2020 CX-5.

Rims - Scorpio C-902 - Size - 22x10 - Tire size - 265/35-22

No cut no rub
Nice I was wondering if I could run 10 inch wide all around and you were able to. What is the offset of the wheels and do you have any shots showing how much they stick out from the fenders?

Nice I was wondering if I could run 10 inch wide all around and you were able to. What is the offset of the wheels and do you have any shots showing how much they stick out from the fenders?

They are a +45 offset... Please excuse the dirt as it just rained...

Attachments

:
CX-5 Signature
They are a +45 offset... Please excuse the dirt as it just rained...
That looks great Thanks, I wasn't sure if the +45 would end up rubbing with a 10". Glad to hear yours doesn't rub. I was looking at +40 but it would end up sticking out too far. The +45 looks perfect.

That looks great Thanks, I wasn't sure if the +45 would end up rubbing with a 10". Glad to hear yours doesn't rub. I was looking at +40 but it would end up sticking out too far. The +45 looks perfect.

Thanks! I was on pins and needles up until they were installed. Couldn't be happier with this choice.

:
Hi Guys

I finally bought my rims, and it's SSW Ultimate 20" 8.5J ET45 hub 73.1 rims and i must still spray them Mattt black or wrap them in black.

I have some questions,

1) Will they fit nicely on my Gen 1 cx-5 without rubbing
2) Can i use my existing wheel nuts on the 20" SSW rims
3) Spraying or Wrapping wheels is better ( I hear wrapping is cheaper and will last longer, will they also look the same in terms of colour in matt black which seems to look the best on Gen 1 cx5)

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
2) Can i use my existing wheel nuts on the 20" SSW rims
3) Spraying or Wrapping wheels is better ( I hear wrapping is cheaper and will last longer, will they also look the same in terms of colour in matt black which seems to look the best on Gen 1 cx5)
2) Double check with the dealer selling you the wheels to find out what type of lug nuts will work. Most aftermarket wheels use conical/tapered lug nuts, while most OEM wheels use ball/radius lug nuts. You'll want to use the correct nut for the wheel.

lug seat type.JPG

3) I'm not sure that wrapping will be cheaper considering the wheel style. Unless you're doing just the spokes, it may be cheaper to have the wheels painted. That said, because shop rates can vary wildly, it's best to get actual quotes from local shops and compare those. IMO, if it's a colour you know you want and you want it to be permanent, get the wheels painted, not wrapped.

:
Thanks for the advice sm1ke, i will check and see.

I forgot to mention that i'm going to put on 255/45/20 on stock standard suspension, no drop.