Sho's 2007 MS3

So, rewind to a few weeks ago when the car was down on power, my 60-100 times were 5.77 seconds, which was a tenth of a second faster than a local k04 car making 335/360...which was quite disappointing. Checked over some things, Mark made some adjustments to the map, and tonight I put down a 4.68 second 60-101. She's back!
5-19-15%204th%20gear_zpsvrbimkee.jpg

One step closer to moar power. The cobb fmic piping sucks, as far as routing goes. Soo...picked up new hot side piping from Patrick. And soon will be picking up a cold side from Kevin tapped for meth injection, as well as a meth kit that will be supplying 1000cc of methanol for aux fueling and we'll see how far I can push this old and tired beast.

Dem pipes
0627152353_zpsn2wqf7sx.jpg

Dead forum is dead. But ill update for those who dont go visit my other thread
Lots of things done over the past 2 days.

Timing chain, vvt, and all that good stuff replaced Sunday at 155.2k miles. Everything was fairly clean inside the motor and the vvt actuator definitely had some play in it and the chain was a bit loose. Thanks [MENTION=22173]pmartz16[/MENTION]; for doing the timing job.

Checked the turbo, and zero shaft play after 30k miles on it!

Also found these gnarly holes in the stupid Cobb v1 piping

Sooo...went "custom"and used cx racing hot side piping and pieces of random Cobb piping to make the cold side

car looks awesome, I think I was a little too late on joining this forum, man it's dead. I hope it picks up again.

car looks awesome, I think I was a little too late on joining this forum, man it's dead. I hope it picks up again.
Thanks! This forum has pretty much died. I have a build thread on msf that gets updated more regularly

So pretty!!! Got any videos of the new setup?

My OCD is killing me...that damn cylinder 4 compression needs to be 190!! HAHA

No videos yet. Took a log Thursday night for Mark and at 20psi, the car went rich so he had me check for boost leaks. I found 3 of them. All are fixed but I need to buy a double hump coupler going from the turbo to the hotside intercooler piping and 2 new t-bolt clamps as when we had the boost leak tester hooked up, the coupler kept blowing off at 25psi. I'm not going to be running that much boost til next summer when I have auxiliary fueling, but I don't like the idea of my hood being what keeps that pipe/coupler from flying off. I'll likely order those tuesday while I'm in Dallas for work.

6K on the motor now. Tuning is allllmost done. Very fun car even without aux fueling on this turbo now that I'm hitting 20psi at 4k vs 5.5k on the stock block.

Alright, so as of today the chassis has 170,500 miles on it, the built motor has 9k, and the PTE 5858 has 45k miles on it. Hard to believe I've put 145k miles on this thing in 38 months. But anyways, with living in Northeast Ohio and all the salt we see during our never ending winters; it was time to do some body maintenance. Normally I don't care how the car looks, but I don't want it rusting badly and falling apart.

The previous owner of my car, rolled the drivers rear fender with a baseball bat; which chipped the paint and ended up starting to rust after last winter, and I also started getting rust bubbles on the hatch near the spoiler and under the reverse light housing and also some rust above the passenger side skirt where the car fell off a Jack and the paint scraped right off. So last Thursday, I dropped my car off to [MENTION=22173]pmartz16[/MENTION]; and let him go to town on the thing.

He sanded down the rust spots, and sealed and painted everything as well doing a full detail on the entire exterior of the car and sealed everything in preparation of winter. The finish has probably never looked this good since I've had the car as I've never noticed how much metal flake sunlight silver actually has in it. Also got rid of the glaucoma on my passenger headlight.

Winter wheels and tires are now on the car and the rpf1's have been sold as I'll be going with a wider wheel with less offset in the summer.
Pics!

Last edited:
Wow it looks good! I might have to hit up Patrick as I have a few spots of rust I need to nip in the butt before they get bad.

Back