Short Air Ram or Stock

Who’s put on a SAR and thinking about going back to stock? I’ve been messing around with it and I’ve drove around with the stock unit completely out and now been driving around with just the “snorkel” part from stock on. I’m about to see if I can attach the botttom part of the box to the snorkel part and drive around with that to see which makes a difference. Thoughts? I also have a throttle booster installed and axel back exhaust should be delivered today at some point

With just about any vehicle, a true CAI can make a power difference when ambient temps are high and at least some of the driving is stop and go. This is because the ECU will retard timing if intake air temperature exceeds a predetermined temperature. Having an air intake filter down low and behind the grill can keep air temps much closer to ambient temperature, something a short ram cannot do, in many cases.
However, if you often drive in pouring rain and through deep puddles, I do not recommend CAI setups. I have a Mazdaspeed CAI in my MX5 but try not to drive it in the rain, even with the AEM sock over the filter.

But to directly answer your question, no, I do not think you will feel any difference with a Short Ram Intake setup.

I do a feel a slight difference in power. I recently put in a V3 sprint booster and the SRI sounds great with it. Very impressed with the V3.

Back