Service Soon, but not really...

:
2019 CX-9 GT
Hello all, I searched for an answer to my question but wasn't able to find anything.

I own a 2019 CX-9 GT with 6,029 miles. My last (first) service was at 5K miles back in March. I've been working from home since then so the vehicle isn't being driven every day. I'm getting a Service Soon notification, reminding me I'm due for service in 8 days or 3,962 miles.

At this rate it'll be 9 more months before I drive an additional 4K miles and I'd like to mute the notification for now. Is simply resetting the service reminder the best way to handle this?

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 142
Go into your applications menu and scroll down to vehicle status monitor. Then go to maintenance. Go into scheduled. Then go into time. Adjust time to the number of months you desire. Don’t change distance. This should clear the nanny screen and you will still have the reminder for distance.
In the meantime at each startup you can use your left thumb and scroll out the the reminder using the info button on the steering wheel.
Takes longer to type this than to do it. I had same problem.

Go into your applications menu and scroll down to vehicle status monitor. Then go to maintenance. Go into scheduled. Then go into time. Adjust time to the number of months you desire. Don’t change distance. This should clear the nanny screen and you will still have the reminder for distance.
In the meantime at each startup you can use your left thumb and scroll out the the reminder using the info button on the steering wheel.
Takes longer to type this than to do it. I had same problem.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for the help!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for the help!
But it's better to change your engine oil at 10-12 months interval since it oxidizes just by sitting there. So in my opinion regardless of odometer, service your car at 1 year interval max.

Last edited:
But very little very slowly. I've sent many oil samples to the testing lab that were more than a year old, and they were fine. What damages oil is many short trips where the engine doesn't get fully warmed. If that's the case, then an early oil change is prudent. If the car is sitting undriven, then the oil will be fine for many, many months.

Back