Seeking wheel guidance - 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege

ptymazdagirl

2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
Looking forward to purchase Enkei EV5 Hyper Black with Machined Lip Wheels . Not sure if to choose 17"x 7.5" or 18"x7.5". Also, unsure of the offset that I need to choose. Any recommendations? I am looking at a racing look. Attached is a pic of the rim. Please your guidance is much appreciated.

Enkei EV5.jpg

I believe the OEM Mazdaspeed wheels were 17x7 +42 offset? I was able to fit 16x8 +47 wheels on my Protege sedan back in the day... I would go with the 17x7.5 +45 and a 215/45-17 tire.

Would it have an aggressive look?
Do you have any other suspension mods? The +38 version will push the wheels out a little bit more. In theory, they should fit OK with 215/45-17 tires, but you should be prepared to roll fenders or add more camber if needed.

My advice, get the sizes and specs for your existing wheel-tire set up, then navigate over to this website:

Enter all your wheel-tire specs into the left column, add your vehicle measurements into the side bar on the far left, then add the specs for the wheels and tires you are considering. Scroll down and it will tell you where your clearances are reduced compared to your current measurements. Recheck your clearances based on the calculations, and you'll have a good understanding of where you'll end up.

My advice, get the sizes and specs for your existing wheel-tire set up, then navigate over to this website:

Enter all your wheel-tire specs into the left column, add your vehicle measurements into the side bar on the far left, then add the specs for the wheels and tires you are considering. Scroll down and it will tell you where your clearances are reduced compared to your current measurements. Recheck your clearances based on the calculations, and you'll have a good understanding of where you'll end up.
Too much math! I have just lost the momentum of purchasing aftermarket rims. :( I am new to this and it's complex.

The car is stock, no modifications etc. Isn't there an easier way to figure this out?

It really isn't that difficult...

The easy way is just go to TireRack.com and buy what you like...

Back