Seeking leasing advice for a CX-9

Trip CX9 said, "All leases are not created equal. It definitely pays to shop around at a few different dealers." Exactly. It depends on which bank, or maybe the manufacturer's finance division, the dealership uses, and how much the dealership will shave their kickback for getting the customer into an expensive finance deal.

GAP Insurance: Absolutely necessary if the down payment (or the equivalent for a lease) is low. We know the car depreciates greatly the day it's titled. Payments often are so low (and so long) that the equity in the car is less than the amount due on the loan or lease. That is the GAP---the difference between what the car's current value is and what you owe on the loan or lease. If somebody totals you, your car insurance only pays for the car's current value. You owe the difference between this and the loan/lease payoff. GAP insurance covers this difference. Usually the best deal for gap insurance is from your regular car insurer, and the worse deal is from the dealership--that pesky kickback to them for selling the customer overpriced...anything. Cancel the gap insurance when you've made enough payments to make the gap disappear.
I'm hoping to NOT lease, but that answer was VERY helpful. YOU are very helpful sir!

I found THIS.
I sent an email focused on purchasing.
Asked them if they would come down to $33,800?
It has Navigation and less than 10,000 miles!
I called the dealership with a question ( being that they are 45 minutes from my home!!) ....and they broke the bad news that someone else recognized this car was a great deal. It's been sold!!! 😫😭😢

Before you lease a car, watch this. It tells you everything about a lease that the dealership will never tell you. If you still want to lease after watching, at least you'll know what you're really getting into.

I was an avid believer of leasing cars a year back until I came across his videos on financial advice. Although his opinions are not one-size-fits-all, but to whosoever it does apply, they will find some direction in their car buying thought process.

When I did the math, I realized I would end up paying close to 30k CAD for a 4 year lease for 2019 CX 9 GT. That again would be accompanied with the limitation kms as well as returning the car as good as it was during delivery. Thus I finally convinced myself on thinking of going for pre owned car and have it for myself completely with no limits on modification or kms. However this would fit my case depending on my choice and financial condition, but I generally urge folks I know to try looking out to buy a car (finance/cash) rather than leasing which is nothing but long term rental.

Again, this is just my opinion and how I ended up making the decision to buy the car.

When I did the math, I realized I would end up paying close to 30k CAD for a 4 year lease for 2019 CX 9 GT.
With absolutely nothing to show for it at the end of the 4 years. Nothing. Completely empty driveway. (And empty bank account!)

I called the dealership with a question ( being that they are 45 minutes from my home!!) ....and they broke the bad news that someone else recognized this car was a great deal. It's been sold!!! 😫😭😢
This happened to me twice. Spent days shortlisting cars for belonging to my criteria only to be told at the dealership when i visited them that its been sold. I feel the pain.. :cry:

With absolutely nothing to show for it at the end of the 4 years. Nothing. Completely empty driveway. (And empty bank account!)
+ the charges they will identify as wear&tear, dents/scratches, etc. etc.

My friend who finished off his lease has been asked to pay around 1000 CAD ( 820 USD equivalent) for the repair on brakes as he isn't planning to buy out the car at the end of the term.

@SteveBrickNJ if you are ok looking out for a pre owned car older than 2020, you might as well save a bit on the depreciation of the car. As most of the cars depreciate a lot in the first 3 years, you might get a better deal off a 2019/2018 CX 9 with atleast 30% depreciation already paid by previous owner.

Check the below website that helps in understanding as to how the historical depreciation graph has been for CX 9 vs CX 5.

As most of the cars depreciate a lot in the first 3 years, you might get a better deal off a 2019/2018 CX 9 with atleast 30% depreciation already paid by previous owner.
I'm cheap, so I go for that 6-7 year old car with the 50% depreciation. :) I got my UBER clean 2013 CX-5 with full service history since new last year with only 82,000 miles for $9200. I'll take it!

Back