Seat swap?

Recently purchased a 03 Protege5, previously had a 04 Mazda3 & it had very nice leather seats & very comfortable. Seen several post asking if the seats are interchangeable, but never found an answer. Anyone try this?

Mazda3 seats require a bit of welding to get them to fit from memory, the bases are different. Subaru WRX/ Impreza seats fit with minor modifications but don't sit 100% straight in the car

Recently purchased a 03 Protege5, previously had a 04 Mazda3 & it had very nice leather seats & very comfortable. Seen several post asking if the seats are interchangeable, but never found an answer. Anyone try this?
I had a similar question a while back too with doing a Subaru seat swap, and at one point I was also looking to swap in Mazdaspeed3 seats. Haven't done a seat swap yet myself, but the info is there for those who are interested in doing it.

What about FD Rx7 seats?? Does anybody know if this has this been done in a protege5 or SP20? I was considering these over Subaru WRX seats. (Subaru seats do look nice also) however I’d want to keep it all Mazda…..

Last edited:
I'm not sure your preferences and goals for the car but I'd recommend getting a comfortable aftermarket seat if you are going for a slightly grabby seat. I have the Corbeau A4 (I believe they have a leather option) and while they may not be the comfiest for some people I like them. If you are swapping because you like the mz3 seat I, unfortunately, can't help I never mocked up between my cars.

Back