Seat covers on new seats?

My car stays put in the garage from the day I brought it home, to the day a new owner takes over, and I have my new shiny car, meanwhile I take the bike. :ROFLMAO::cool:

(I'm not impressed with CoverKing. I saw an online video of some guy who referenced the set in his truck, which suggested they'd been in there awhile, and they were all bunched up and fugly. Another reviewer mentioned how the center console set he had never really fit properly. They're not bad, but I don't get the love for the brand).
The Cover King should be as good or better as the Dash Design. I'd like to see the video you reference, as I'm thinking if it was his truck, then they are not the form fitting seat covers, but rather, a less custom design that CK also makes

Nothing wrong with getting seat covers to protect them. I'm thinking of getting a couple of towel seat cover. This is for use after doing anything active and don't want the sweat transferred to the seat. They are easy to put on on and remove.

The Cover King should be as good or better as the Dash Design. I'd like to see the video you reference, as I'm thinking if it was his truck, then they are not the form fitting seat covers, but rather, a less custom design

Might be. And to be fair doing a quick search for the video in question I see some other cover kings that look good so I take it back!

I've always covered my new seats haha! Can't find much out there for this one yet but I'll probably buy some cheap universal to throw on until I get something better. Also can get a bit dirty from work and can't have that staining my new interior😛

I put Wet Okole neoprene seat covers on my Protege5 when I bought it in 2001. 15 years later I sold the car and the seats looked new. In fact, the seat covers were still in such good condition, I rocked 'em on my Mazdaspeed protege for another 5+ years of surfboards, dog hair, weed ashes and surf wax.
A little expensive, but custom made with ports for airbags etc. Money well spent, and I plan on putting them on my Golf R.

I'm not tryna turn my daily driver into a show car. I'm gonna enjoy it everyday. Beach, snow, dirt, coffee, groceries, Home Depot...no problem.

www.wetokole.com

I did the same. Seat covers are a good investment. Years after the seats on my old civic are still in a good condition.

i don't think i would rock seat covers unless it was some collector car or i bought the car with torn up seats (picture the ones you see with foam pieces ripped out and exposed and covered in stains). i also rock the heated seats year-round (yes, in the summer too), which might be inhibited by seat covers.

In lieu of buying seat covers and covering up that beautiful leather that you paid big bucks for, just put folded towels on the bottoms of the 2 front seats to absorb most of the wear - easily removable, washable, and cheap.
my grandpa used to put towels on the seats on his cars and my grandma's. they actually felt good. i think it was at least in part that my grandpa was a vegetable farmer (at least til his last 10 years or so) and didn't want to soil the seats. i remember him having a chevy celebrity wagon and he'd have the back seats folded and come home with tons of vegetables. he wasn't paid much but got to take home a lot of veggies.

my grandpa used to put towels on the seats on his cars and my grandma's. they actually felt good. i think it was at least in part that my grandpa was a vegetable farmer (at least til his last 10 years or so) and didn't want to soil the seats. i remember him having a chevy celebrity wagon and he'd have the back seats folded and come home with tons of vegetables. he wasn't paid much but got to take home a lot of veggies.

I had a Chevy Celebrity sedan as my first car, lol.
Regarding seat covers, I have some covers for the seat bottoms on my CX-9. I don't use them much anymore, but in the winter, the heated seats would work just fine. The heat just takes a little longer to come through (maybe 2 mins vs, less than a minute without cover).

Back