CX-5 SD card update problem

That's quite strange, I'm pretty sure the new Mazda system also uses iGo software / maps ...
So your maps are named *.fbl, and they all use the same files from update servers.

The newest maps are called Feb 2021, but in fact they are 2020Q2 just so you know :)
Updates are always behind when they're released, I don't know why.

Ohhh I was thinking why does mine say 2020Q2...I was looking for 2021Q1 or something. Thanks for confirming this!

I tried over the weekend, I was only able to find the November 2020 version USA for 2021 Cx5

Version TD2K66EZ1​

I just tried again with my ebay card. Mazda update toolbox recognized it no problem but says I have latest version and it says "November 2020" as well.

Weird thing is I bought a TD2K66EZ1 card but the info file note documents I found when I open the cards contents to view is "BDGF66EZ1". I looked this up and found it's for the Mazda 3 2019-2021.

I wonder if I got sent the wrong card? This is what happens when I use an ebay card I guess but the navi did work flawlessly in my CX9 hmmm.

Attachments

• 16149222383407975008362914140742.jpg
    16149222383407975008362914140742.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 16149223269581860464987341031449.jpg
    16149223269581860464987341031449.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 191
I just tried again with my ebay card. Mazda update toolbox recognized it no problem but says I have latest version and it says "November 2020" as well.

Weird thing is I bought a TD2K66EZ1 card but the info file note documents I found when I open the cards contents to view is "BDGF66EZ1". I looked this up and found it's for the Mazda 3 2019-2021.

I wonder if I got sent the wrong card? This is what happens when I use an ebay card I guess but the navi did work flawlessly in my CX9 hmmm.

Not sure what that Nov 2020 references, for my 2016 CX5 it looks different,
however it also says 2020 Q2 which are 100% newest maps ...

There’s some 2020 Q3 for Europe, but I don’t think they’re complete ...

New member here. I have a 2021 Signature and factory card stated I was up to date. "November 2020"

I have the factory supplied Nav card in my 2019. I had a problem updating the maps last time an update was released and had the same problem with this new 2021 update.
My Lenovo desktop, running Windows 10 recognizes and reads the card and can tell me what version is installed on it. It is able to download the update from the Mazda toolbox but when it tries to load the update on the card I get an error message that the drive on my computer is corrupted and needs to run a correction program. Tried that several times with no luck.
I finally restarted my computer and then it loaded the new map update without incident.
I remembered that trick on the new update, rebooted my computer and successfully completed the update with a minimum of four letter words.

My '21 CX-5 Signature is two weeks old.

I installed Mazda Update Toolbox, followed the instructions, made a backup, downloaded and installed the newest update. Put it in the car, and it was not recognized.

Went inside, retrieved and installed the backup, and it worked in the car.

So................. I went back inside, made another backup, downloaded and installed the newest update again, installed it in the car and it was instantly recognized and it worked fine. I was 'administrator' both times. Did nothing different, but it worked the second time.

Frank

I did this update on CX-5 sig 2021 US and it went smoothly [installing and running 'Mazda Update Toolbox' as administrator on latest Win10] and now shows as 2020-Q2 on file path 'content\DbVersion.zip\info.ini' [was 2019-Q4]

Does this updates the maps only? Is the mapping software part of the car system software?

So I have the 2021 CX-5 GT 10" newest infotainment system - it says no updates available, despite my expiry showing as February 2024 for 3-year map updates. It shows current version: November 2020, while the website shows new map available February 2021. How do you get it to update to February 2021? The toolbox keeps telling me there are now new updates available and when I click to buy new update within the toolbox it says nothing to buy here.

So I have the 2021 CX-5 GT 10" newest infotainment system - it says no updates available, despite my expiry showing as February 2024 for 3-year map updates. It shows current version: November 2020, while the website shows new map available February 2021. How do you get it to update to February 2021? The toolbox keeps telling me there are now new updates available and when I click to buy new update within the toolbox it says nothing to buy here.
2 thoughts.
Some feel the nov may be exactly the same as Feb thus won’t update.

I am hoping it’s not related to nav cards bought off ebay etc.

Where did u buy your card?

I have a 2021 CX9 and came across same issue, same expiration as you February 2024. I realized that it may be that the update is as of month/year February 2021 with the actual maps update November 2020 (if that makes sense?).

I even received an email from update tool box that new update is available as of February 2021 but everything I tried shows my card us up to date.

I got my ebay card in February 2021 and set up mazda update toolbox and was able update it no issues on 2/17/2021.

2 thoughts.
Some feel the nov may be exactly the same as Feb thus won’t update.

I am hoping it’s not related to nav cards bought off ebay etc.

Where did u buy your card?

I should add, my card is from ebay but haven't had any issues using Mazda update toolbox thus far.

I should add, my card is from ebay but haven't had any issues using Mazda update toolbox thus far.
I am in the same exact situation. Hoping it is the exact same file as Nov. I’ve read others never saw a Nov update posted....so that is why that is brought up as a possibility

Yes mines from eBay. If it was an issue with eBay wouldn’t toolbox just not recognize the card? If it recognized and registered my vin with 2024 expiry, should it be fine?

i also read no such update for nov 2020. I called Mazda dealership, Mazda customer service, Mazda handsfree Bluetooth support, here, tomtom and all don’t know how to provide support for 2021 Mazda’s. All support is only for 2020 and below.

i find it outrageous that a brand new vehicle has no support and Mazda has no clue how to resolve an issue or who the contact is.

I was really worried I'd be disappointed with the nav card I bought off ebay last week for my new 2021 CX5.

The label and piece of paper in the bag along with the SD card said TD2K, but the \conents\dbversion\info.cfg file had this info:

[dbversion]
cp_name="North America"
cpv_ext="BDGF 66 EZ1"
cpv_nng="HMNA2019Q4CW14"
device_name="PanasonicMazda"
provider="HERE_Maps"
quarter="Q4 20CW14"
region_config="NA"
year="2019"

I put the card in before I drove home from the dealer and took it back out a mile later when I got home. I'm happy to report the toolbox update did just what it was supposed to and told me I've got 3 years of updates coming.

Back