SD Navigation Card for a 2021?

:
2021 GTR
Does anyone know if the factory 2020 SD nav cards or the copies on Amazon will work on a 2021? Before anyone says just use Apple/Android carplay, I want the factory Nav as a back-up. Thanks.

This covers it -

I'm also waiting for one to become available at a reasonable price from an aftermarket vendor such as Amazon or EBay. TD2K-66-EZ1 is the part number we are looking for.........

I would assume not since they seem to be using a completely new infotainment set up with the 21's. I am sure there will be more info soon.

Keep an eye on the reviews of the 2020 Amazon cards. I've noticed people questioning if it would work on a 2021, and most answers have been "yes". I'm not so sure, but at some point one of those people is going to try it and post a negative review if it doesn't work.

Also, the return period on the Amazon card I was looking at extends into January. You could try it and return it if it doesn't work, just double-check you can return it if you open it.

Mark

Who said they're copies? Genuine Mazda SD cards are easy to find. They're simply previous iterations, and can be updated to current maps. I bought a "J" card on Amazon for our 2020 GTR (IIRC we're now on "L"). It was shipped from a well known vendor of authentic parts; one that would not risk their reputation selling counterfeits. I have not bothered to use an update, though, because I've yet to encounter any road discrepancies.

I bought one on Amazon for my 2021 Cx-5 touring and it is not recognized by the system at all. Tried the SD in both locked and unlocked since I could not tell which was which as well as inserting it with vehicle on or off.

16072939661884764285521398795069.jpg

I bought one on Amazon for my 2021 Cx-5 touring and it is not recognized by the system at all. Tried the SD in both locked and unlocked since I could not tell which was which as well as inserting it with vehicle on or off.
You may need a newer card version for the 2021's. The "J" card worked fine on our 2020 GTR. But revisions to the system for 2021 may preclude using an older version of the card like that one.

It looks like the latest version of the BHP166EZ1 card ends with an "N" suffix (yours is "J"), but I'm not even sure if that's for the 2021's or only an update for older ones. It may have a different base stock number now... or not. Don't know for sure. I think you're going to have to check with Mazda.

If 2021 is compatible with the "N" card but no previous version you may have to wait awhile to find it cheap. OTOH, if it's compatible with, say, an "M" card you should be able to find those reasonably priced. To wit, it appears that Mazda liquidates previous versions of the cards when a new on comes out, and that is why we are able to find them selling cheap but not the newest one. Make sense?

Last edited:
If the 2021 cx-5 is closer to the newer system (CX9 cx30?) And if those cards are available maybe one of them would work?

Does anyone know if the factory 2020 SD nav cards or the copies on Amazon will work on a 2021? Before anyone says just use Apple/Android carplay, I want the factory Nav as a back-up. Thanks.
Thanks for posting this. Made me try the nav system and it does not work. Says please insert SD card and there is a Mazda card in there, but now I can check version N

Thanks for posting this. Made me try the nav system and it does not work. Says please insert SD card and there is a Mazda card in there, but now I can check version N
the card you need is TD2K 66 EZ1

Last edited:
TD2K66EZ1

I saw those, but wasn't sure at first if that was for North America or not.

Probably won't be cheap until they've released an updated version or two, though.
I was given a Nav card by the dealer TD2K 66 EZ1 but the system does not recognize the card. Do I have to do something like create an account or otherwise activate it?

thanks

I was given a Nav card by the dealer TD2K 66 EZ1 but the system does not recognize the card. Do I have to do something like create an account or otherwise activate it?

thanks
If you have a 2021 CX-5, and your TD2K 66 EZ1 Nav SD card doesn’t work, check the write-protection tab on your SD card. If it’s write-protected, the Nav system won’t work as it needs to write info to the SD card.

Thanks, the card is not write protected, e.g., it is not locked. Service called me up, and said it is likely a warranty issue and they will order a new card and call me when it is in.

Last edited:
The dealer diagnosed a bad card. They got a new one and it worked fine. What is nice is this system is so much better than the 2014 Tom Tom system and the integration with the HUD is a nice touch, telling you what your next turn is. I noticed Apple Maps does not do this. Have not tried Waze and Google Maps yet.

Just found one advertised on E-Bay for 75.99. Been keeping my eye out for them daily, and this appears to be the first wave of these SD cards for a 2021 at fraction of the dealers' outrageous price. Hope it works!

Back