SD Navi Card Question

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

I just purchased an SD Navi card for our 2020 CX-5. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these offer map updates? The latest update on this card is 2019. I can’t find any information about upgrading the maps.

Thanks all!

You get three years of free updates. They usually come out every six months or so.
Like stated above, Download Mazda Toolbox, insert your nav card (in your computer), and follow the prompts for the latest update.

My 2019 GTR came from the factory with the SD card. I thought they just made it an option on the 2020's?

It might come with the Signature, otherwise it is a $400 option.

OR, you can spend $30 or $40 bucks on Amazon or eBay and pick up a card with the previous generation of maps and update it to current generation ... and continue updating it over the next 3 years.

My 2019 GTR came from the factory with the SD card. I thought they just made it an option on the 2020's?
I traded my 2016 CX-5 for a 2020 CX-5. As I was driving off the lot, tried the GPS and it was not there. I went back saying the GPS is not working. Thats when I was told the GPS is a $440 option.
Since this is my 3rd CX-5 from the same dealer, They gave me the SIM card at no cost. I was wondering if I had taken the card out of the 2016 CX-5 and put it in the 2020, would it have worked.

I traded my 2016 CX-5 for a 2020 CX-5. As I was driving off the lot, tried the GPS and it was not there. I went back saying the GPS is not working. Thats when I was told the GPS is a $440 option.
Since this is my 3rd CX-5 from the same dealer, They gave me the SIM card at no cost. I was wondering if I had taken the card out of the 2016 CX-5 and put it in the 2020, would it have worked.

Probably not. The card becomes locked to the car ... or the car becomes locked to the card (one or the other) ... after a small number of miles have been driven.

Probably not. The card becomes locked to the car ... or the car becomes locked to the card (one or the other) ... after a small number of miles have been driven.
I bought my 2020 CX-5 on May 13th. Plan on doing a Nav update tomorrow to see if an update is available. On my older CX-5 I purchased a 3 year Nav plan for $129. Next time when it comes time to renew on my 2020, I will use Waze which I am testing now and I seem to like it better. Since Mazda now has Car Play, seems like Waze is the way to go. All you need is a data plan for your smart phone.

I updated the card and the directions stay up on the windshield the whole time now. I love that. I believe they only popped up when the turn was upcoming.

I bought my 2019 in August 2019, I popped the SD card out in Nov and put it in my 2016 and it worked fine.
In my case it wasn't locked to the 2019.

I bought my 2019 in August 2019, I popped the SD card out in Nov and put it in my 2016 and it worked fine.
In my case it wasn't locked to the 2019.

Once you drive 63 miles with the SD card inserted it 'mates' to that car and can't be used in another. At least that's what Mazda says...

I updated the card and the directions stay up on the windshield the whole time now. I love that. I believe they only popped up when the turn was upcoming.
That’s an option in the settings. Display the next turn all the time, or only as you approach it.

Wish there was a setting to keep the Nav Directions (and other messages) from popping up on the center display and covering up the CarPlay controls.

You get three years of free updates. They usually come out every six months or so.
Like stated above, Download Mazda Toolbox, insert your nav card (in your computer), and follow the prompts for the latest update.
I recently updated my NAV card (Maps). However, my three years of free updates expires end of November for my 2017 GT. I will have to pay for my next update some time in 2021. Could anyone tell me what the average cost for the next and subsequent updates may be in the US. Thanks.

if I recall the most accurate price is shown in the Toolbox software. The one that does the updates.

It may be that you have the same service with you as here in DK, when service at dealer (oil/filter) is updated both cards and HMI at special price as an additional service, ask your dealer.

Just purchased a 2021 with the new 10" screen...... question - will this require a new SIM card specifically for the 2021's or will a card for the 2020's work in my new vehicle? Can't find any info on cards for 2021's.......

Just purchased a 2021 with the new 10" screen...... question - will this require a new SIM card specifically for the 2021's or will a card for the 2020's work in my new vehicle? Can't find any info on cards for 2021's.......
See this other SD thread.

Back