SD Navi Card Question

2021 come with gen7 infotainment system (same as on the new 3 and cx30) vs gen6 on 2020 and prior.

Hello,

I just purchased an SD Navi card for our 2020 CX-5. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not these offer map updates? The latest update on this card is 2019. I can’t find any information about upgrading the maps.

Thanks all!
Can you please tell me where you bought your card and any info, like the model number. I can't find one anywhere... I'm so confused. Do I need to buy a 2019 card for my 2020 CX-5 GTR because there isn't one for 2020? If you have a link, that would help me so much. Or do I just call my dealer?

I bought my 2020 CX-5 on May 13th. Plan on doing a Nav update tomorrow to see if an update is available. On my older CX-5 I purchased a 3 year Nav plan for $129. Next time when it comes time to renew on my 2020, I will use Waze which I am testing now and I seem to like it better. Since Mazda now has Car Play, seems like Waze is the way to go. All you need is a data plan for your smart phone.
Just be aware that if you lose cell service, you lose Apple Car Play gps. I got the surprise of my life when I learned my new 2020 GTR had no NAV CARD! My 2017 did & the salesman never told us about this. Horrible experience as got lost at night, alone when driving in mountains! I want the Nav Card but cannot figure out what to buy as never see the Reserve model mentioned for 2020.

Just be aware that if you lose cell service, you lose Apple Car Play gps.
The GPS hardware in Apple phones operates independently of celluar service. As long as you have downloaded maps for offline use with your navigation app (e.g. Google Maps) your navigation app will continue to function normally even when your phone has no cell connection.

I want the Nav Card but cannot figure out what to buy as never see the Reserve model mentioned for 2020.

I don't think the cards are tied to a particular trim level (Touring, Grand Touring, Reserve, etc.), as long as the card is for a 2020 CX-5 it should work in your Reserve.

Back