2017~2024 SCBS General Dash Warning

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2017
Had been on interstate about 30 minutes early morning driving away from the sunrise. Cruise control engaged beautiful morning around 65 degrees. No other cars, could not have asked for a nicer cruise. Suddenly the warning lights come on the dash that you would normally see if say snow/windshield fog/sun were interfering with the sensor. No biggie Im thinking did not feel it was critical enough to exit the freeway stop the car and restart to clear the error. I did notice that all systems were functioning as expected. When I did finally approach a car watching carefully I noted that the cruise control radar did slow the car for the slower vehicle in front of me. When I pulled over for a rest stop and restarted the car sure enough all the warnings disappeared from the dash. Continued on as usual no problems.

My question is is there any way to clear an obviously false error without pulling over stopping and restarting the car? Its never happened before or after this incident. Ive seen the warning lights when starting the car in snow without fully cleaning the windshield and know driving into the sun or windshield fog may trigger them but this was a picture perfect day and driving 30 mi down the road looking at them is kind of annoying especially when you know its a false positive. 2017 GT 18,000 purchased new.

Solution
As far as I know, there is no way to clear the error, but I have noticed that it goes away on it's own sometimes. Usually I just press the Info button on the steering wheel to dismiss the error (yellow caution light remains on in the cluster) and keep on truckin'
As far as I know, there is no way to clear the error, but I have noticed that it goes away on it's own sometimes. Usually I just press the Info button on the steering wheel to dismiss the error (yellow caution light remains on in the cluster) and keep on truckin'

Upvote 0
Solution
I get this occasionally - in my case I think it's to do with the Fortin remote start module I installed. When this error occurs you may also have your brake lights flashing, but why it does THAT I have no idea. I only know because I got pulled over by a cop one time when I had the alert, he wanted to know if everything was OK :)

Upvote 0
To OP, that happened to mine a couple days ago. No biggie. I just ignore it. MRCC relies on the rader hidden behind the big logo at the front grille. It is not related to SCBC (or camera to the windshield).

Upvote 0
Back