Saab's aims at Mini

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
car_photo_360478_7.jpg

Swedish maker reveals plans for MINI-rivalling supermini.

A new MINI rival and a supercar inspired by the AeroX concepts these are just two of the models being backed by Saabs new owner, Victor Muller, as part of a wide-ranging review of the Swedish brands model line-up.

Muller revealed exclusively to Auto Express that he has already sketched out his dream supermini which he says will be a spiritual successor to the 9-2. And our image shows how it could look. The supercar is even more ambitious. Muller, who also owns Dutch giant Spyker, said it could ise the same chassis that underpins the Spyker C8 Aileron, and is likely to be built at the firms new UK factory in Coventry.

[autoexpress]

Any more pictures? I kind of like it. Plus it is bound to have at least a little 2.0 turbo. I bet it is fun.

Just that one artist sketch. I like the idea of Saab going back to it's roots with a small compact car.

Saab made GREAT cars before GM jumped in and mucked everything up.

I wanted a 900 turbo badly.

281636498_630e7ca0aa.jpg

Is that just a chop of a Mini? I like it, actually. If I didn't have kids, there's a chance I'd own something like this. Then again, every time I think that, I remember that, if I didn't have kids, I could buy whatever I wanted and I'd probably get a real sports car and a winter something or other that could haul crap. Used C5 Z06 or Mini Cooper S? Hmmm...

Bring back the Viggen name please! I truly hope that they can pay homage to the Saab's of old. A new Sonnett would be a start.

Back