Rough vibrating noise

hh12

:
MY18 CX-9 Touring AWD
Hi, Ive got a MY18 (Sep 17 build) CX-9 Touring AWD. Ive had a few small issues in my short ownership of the car since October 2017. This noise is hard to describe but it is like rough vibrating noise on accelerating at 2500-3000rpm. Of course since I heard it it feels like its getting more noticeable. It is definitely more noticeable in the morning when the engine is not warmed up to operating temperature but it is still there afterwards although not as prominent. On harder acceleration the noise is still heard at that rpm but cant hear it clearly over 3000rpm due to normal engine noise. This noise is always there around 2500-3000rpm on gentle/moderate/hard acceleration.

I thought maybe it was the noise I heard when I test drove the very first batch of 2016 CX-9 and at the time I thought the cars acceleration didnt sound too refined. The second batch (mine) came out with some more updated features and had better sound proofing and was not as harsh as the test drive car. But now Im hearing this noise.. maybe its normal for a 4 cylinder car but certainly dont remember hearing it in my early days of ownership.

I took the car in to get it looked at at dealership but the head mechanic couldnt hear it properly and the younger one did every time. Anyway so I tried out the latest 2019 Azami Le (top of the range in Australia) with the younger mechanic and on first acceleration I could hear it but faintly initially - the mechanic couldnt hear it on first acceleration. I think the latest batch came out with even more standard features and better sound proofing if I recall correctly. They say maybe its the normal noise from injectors.

Ive been looking to see if anyone else had a similar noise in theirs. By the way Ive checked my dipstick according to the manual and its about 3mm above the max - the car has done 6000km since last service. Should I be worried about this?

Last edited:
Back