Rim coating issue

Where do you find dynamic information about the car on MyMazda? I have the MyMazda app and it only has static information on it. It has my mileage but it is off by 500 miles or so, and a page to find a dealership.

I don't think MyMazda has the same functionality for a 2018 that it does for 2020 and 2021. On my app, for my car, it is under "Status". See the snip of the manual I posted above.

If it has the capability to display all four tires' pressures I don't know why they would bury the information.

Select Status. About halfway down the screen it says "Vehicle Status" with an arrow pointing up. Press the arrow and the screen expands upwards. Now you can see an image of the car, and there should be a tire pressure displayed for each corner. You may need to drag the top of the screen down to refresh.

Page 47 of the Connected Services manual shows two Status screens, a Type A and a Type B. Page 4 of the Connected Services manual says that Type A screens are for 2020, and Type B are for 2021. Note that Type A shows tire pressures, Type B does not.
With the MyMazda iPhone app, v.7.0.0, on the Home Screen, it shows "2020 Mazda CX-5". That's all. At the bottom of the screen I can select the pages "Guides", "Service" and "Support".

At the top of the screen is the "droplet" for showing the nearest dealer and the "hamburger (three horizontal lines)" which brings up the page that show "Inbox", "Profile", "MyMazda", "Roadside Assistance", "Support" and "Settings".

No "Select Status". What am I missing?

I guess it must have something to do with you having a 2020, but the Connected Services manual suggests that you should have the Status icon. Here is my home screen, which includes remote start (not sure 2020 has that). All I can suggest is downloading the manual and seeing if you can figure out what you are entitled to with the 2020: https://www.mazdausa.com/owners/how-to-use-my-mazda

The other possibility is that you don't have the monthly service. The 2021s come with three years free. If the 2020s didn't come with that, then you would have to subscribe and pay the monthly fee (I think around $10) to get the full app functionality.
IMG_5602.PNG

Yup, I have only four icons at the bottom of the screen for me "home", "guides", "service" and "support. Maybe the 2020 Signature can't pass the info on to the app, so the app doesn't show those options.
I've only owned the car about a month, but haven't read anything about a subscription nor has the app prompted me to upgrade.

@Mazdiod2

Your modern CX-5 has TPMS...
TPMS has been a federal REQUIREMENT on vehicles in America since late 2007.

"The Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the United States Congress to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers of under-inflation events. This act affects all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007"

I re-read your post.. and you indicate you have tire pressure monitoring WITHOUT modules in the tires.. this seems incorrect. So I found the manual

"As an added safety feature, your vehicle has been equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that illuminates a low tire pressure"

But it doesn't indicate HOW it does TPMS... modules in the tires or some other method.. I am definitely curious about this. Can others with a 2016.5 CX-5 chime in on if their vehicles are equipment with TPMS modules in the tires? Is there another technology / method used?

ABS modules measuring tire bounce?

well isnt this interesting:

Today I learned Mazda decided to make a tire pressure monitoring system that is overly complicated.

Last edited:

@Mazdiod2

Your modern CX-5 has TPMS...
TPMS has been a federal REQUIREMENT on vehicles in America since late 2007.

"The Firestone recall in the late 1990s (which was linked to more than 100 deaths from rollovers following tire tread-separation), pushed the United States Congress to legislate the TREAD Act. The Act mandated the use of a suitable TPMS technology in all light motor vehicles (under 10,000 pounds), to help alert drivers of under-inflation events. This act affects all light motor vehicles sold after September 1, 2007"

I re-read your post.. and you indicate you have tire pressure monitoring WITHOUT modules in the tires.. this seems incorrect. So I found the manual

"As an added safety feature, your vehicle has been equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) that illuminates a low tire pressure"

But it doesn't indicate HOW it does TPMS... modules in the tires or some other method.. I am definitely curious about this. Can others with a 2016.5 CX-5 chime in on if their vehicles are equipment with TPMS modules in the tires? Is there another technology / method used?

ABS modules measuring tire bounce?

well isnt this interesting:

Today I learned Mazda decided to make a tire pressure monitoring system that is overly complicated.
It surprised me when I found out.

The system does detect a low tire. I picked up a staple and the alarm went off. The tire was down quite a bit and obvious by visual inspection, so I think the tire was ok when I left the house. The alarm went off about 4 miles from my house. I stopped about a mile later. I think the pressure was about 18psi. I don't know when I got the staple.

I like my other car as it displays all 4 tires' pressures plus it has an alert. I try to make it a habit to look at the PSI whenever I drive it.

... Can others with a 2016.5 CX-5 chime in on if their vehicles are equipment with TPMS modules in the tires? Is there another technology / method used? ...
Nothing in the tire to measure air pressure. The vehicle uses the ABS system to measure rotation differences between the wheels. That's why you could get in and start driving with a completely flat tire with no warning until enough tire revolutions occur to trip the system.

Back