Right way to separate fuse/relay box?

Hi Everybody!

I can't find any information concerning separating the upper and lower part of the main fuse/relaybox. I want to reach the relay wiring and the box can be separated by loosening some small clips.

So far good, but it's get stuck at the 2 mounting brackets...Looks like these 2 keep the lower and upper part together and I can't figure out how to split the box without destroying it...Help.

Thanx in advance...

Mark

Attachments

• ac5wzw00001101.gif
    ac5wzw00001101.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 132
All you need to do to open the fuse box is press on the one clip that the yellow arrow is pointing to. I was standing by the drivers door when I took the pic, so left on the pic is to the front of the vehicle to help you get oriented. Just press the top part of the clip toward the fuse box to release the box top and then rotate it upward and to the front of the vehicle to remove it. Snaps back in place to close.

CX-5FuseBox.jpg

Hahaha....Thanx for your suggestion, but I want to separate the upper and lower box itself, not the top lid...;)
The reason is I want to secure my car against theft by making a kill switch between the start/stop button and the starter relay...

Complete display....The circled parts are those which are hard to dismantle..

Attachments

• 8ad6e148f1447419f660cdb1b44dbd02.jpg
    8ad6e148f1447419f660cdb1b44dbd02.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 107
Hahaha....Thanx for your suggestion, but I want to separate the upper and lower box itself, not the top lid...;)
The reason is I want to secure my car against theft by making a kill switch between the start/stop button and the starter relay...
Ooops, my bad, I misunderstood your problem. I really don't know how to do what you're asking but as a general matter it seems like connectors like those usually rely on a small screwdriver placed in the right spot to disengage them. Sorry I couldn't help.

I would probably put the kill switch to the start button. Easier and you dont have to mess with the relays

I would probably put the kill switch to the start button. Easier and you dont have to mess with the relays
OK....and how would you do that..? I tried to manage that by cutting one cable of the clutch switch, and put a switch between, but I got all different warnings, so that wasn't a great succes...

Back