Restarting while driving issue...Help

Hi, can someone help me. The other day I started my 06 Mazda 5 sport and it kept doing a start loop. The radio would restart and all dashboard lights would come on, car would carry on driving without any issues but there was no power steering. Pulled over and turned the car off, all dials went all the way up and back down again. Restarted the engine and every thing was fine. I have had it happen once more since, but again all fine after restarting the engine

Any ideas

Mark

@Kramttonnis, were you able to get this resolved? If so, what did you find to be the issue?

My CX-5 is having the exact same issue currently so your advice is appreciated

I would check the battery connections as teetee1 suggested. This happened to me with one of my previous vehicles - turns out one of the battery terminal clamps was loose.

Just an update on this, so with me it was a power steering issue, or at least I believe it to be. As teetee1 suggested I checked the terminals all were fine. So did some Googling and found some threads and articles about the exact problem I was having I.e restart loop, no power steering and wheel trying to straighten to centre. Turns out this is to do with dirt in the power steering pump and leads, and due to this there had been a recall on certain models between 2002 - 05. I contacted mazda but unfortunately as mines a 06 model it wasn't covered, however it's only happened a couple of times since, which while still dangerous as I now know what to do its not been an issue. At some point I'll have the power steering pump changed

wow. How odd. I have a 2008...probably not going to be an issue, but I'll keep this in the back of my mind.

Back