Replacing tensioner, idler and belts 2006 2.3l, any recommendation for parts?

just picked up a 2006 mazda 3 hatch with 2.3l. i noticed there was a whine coming from the serp belt area when i got the car but thought it was just something basic like a belt. the belt looks like it needs to be changed soon so ill get new serp and ac belt. i spoke to some more people and they said to swap the tensioner assembly or whatever its called with the belts just because its probably gonna need to be changed anyways. firstly how can i ensure if the assembly hasnt already been changed? cuz i dont want to do it if its already been done. the old owner doesnt know the maintenance history that well so he doesnt know.

secondly what parts do you recommend with part numbers? i was thinking of just going to the mazda dealership and getting everything there just so i dont have any problems with fitment, i have to get it all done tomororw since im hitting the road on monday. i looked into continental belts but dont think i will go with them unless i get exact part numbers, i dont want to get the wrong fitting belts etc. the continental website says diff part numbers compared to what the local store says so thats why i was thinking that mazda belts and the idler would just be easier, however what are your recommendations! its a 2006 mazda 3 hatch with the 2.3l

i am in canada btw if that changes anything

thanks!

mazda seems to be closed today but it seems like all ill be able to get my hands on will be continental. can anyone confirm if these are the correct parts? its a 2006 with the 2.3l
belt tensioner assembly: continental 49397
belt stretch for ac: continental 4050272S
serp belt: 4060522

thanks!

Just an FYI, I go to PARTSOUQ.com and put in my vin and then browse their diagrams for MAZDA part numbers.

Between checking online sellers that an aftermarket part is listed to work for that Mazda part number and google images, I haven't really gotten myself a wrong part in years.

Back to your "whine". I would not replace the tensioner. Sure they can go bad, but so can everything else connected to that serpentine belt.

I am not a fan of throwing parts at an issue, and the tensioner is one. You didn't say how many miles you had on the car but if it's south of 200k miles, I'd not change the tensioner, unless I could narrow it down to that item. I would especially not do it with an aftermarket part. Those bearings are usually cheap Chinese garbage. You are liable to be replacing a very good part with junk.

Back