Replacing 2014 CX-5 GT halogen fog light bulbs w/LEDs

Hey guys - I've got a 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring that seems to blow a halogen fog light bulb (H11) every 10 months or so. Anyone running LEDs in the fog light housing? Did you get it the LED bulb to fit in the projector? Did you need to install a resistor or some other gizmo to prevent error messages?

The headlights are the "bending" HIDs which are great, so a bluer fog light would better match the HID color. I've tried Sylvania SilverStars and they are not even a close match and (even worse) only last a year tops.

Looking at these LEDs and wondering if any experience with them:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I'm running LED fogs with no issues. Similar setup to what you've posted.

There is a potential depth issue with the stock heat shield (not sure what its called) inside the fog housing. In my case this needed to be cut and pulled out through the bulb hole. It was not easy.

Reporting back to the group: The Fahren LED bulbs work great but had to be adjusted so that the LEDs are perfectly vertical. The bulb has two LEDs on either side of a flat "blade", and the flat blade must be vertical (like this: I ) inside the fog light housing, with the LEDs on either side at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock. If you don't do this the light will not fully be reflected off the reflectors. The tabs on the bulb can be easily rotated by loosening a tiny hex screw using the included tiny allen wrench.

While the adjustment was a but fussy, the bulbs are very bright and a better match to the HIDs (a bit bluer but I don't mind, they are rated at 6500K). And, no bulb error messages so far.

Reporting back to the group: The Fahren LED bulbs work great but had to be adjusted so that the LEDs are perfectly vertical. The bulb has two LEDs on either side of a flat "blade", and the flat blade must be vertical (like this: I ) inside the fog light housing, with the LEDs on either side at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock. If you don't do this the light will not fully be reflected off the reflectors. The tabs on the bulb can be easily rotated by loosening a tiny hex screw using the included tiny allen wrench.

While the adjustment was a but fussy, the bulbs are very bright and a better match to the HIDs (a bit bluer but I don't mind, they are rated at 6500K). And, no bulb error messages so far.
@regtor Which Fahren LED bulbs did you buy? I have a 2014 CX-5 and installed ZonCar H11 H8 Led Fog Light Bulb Yellow. These lights don't have an adjustable beam with an adjustable locker ring to ensure the best beam pattern. I didn't realize this until after I installed them. I'd like to get a pair of yellow Fahrens' or any other adjustable type if I could find them. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running LED fogs with no issues. Similar setup to what you've posted.

There is a potential depth issue with the stock heat shield (not sure what its called) inside the fog housing. In my case this needed to be cut and pulled out through the bulb hole. It was not easy.
@whistlermack Did you completely remove the metal shield inside the stock housing?

Back