Replacement parts at 165,000 miles

qck

:
Mazda 2011 CX-9 GT FWD
I have had no issues with my CX-9 2011 GT except for window motors failing and battery. I had the spark plugs and coolant changed at 80k and want to have it done again very soon at my local dealer. I don't have enough nerve to do the spark plugs myself. Any common sense additional replacement parts would you guys recommend? I.E drive belts, chains, any valves, any pumps, brake fluid, fuel filter etc. I live near Memphis TN so I have decent weather most of the year. I'm not rich but don't mind spending money where it makes sense. I want to keep this vehicle for at least 5 more years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have had no issues with my CX-9 2011 GT except for window motors failing and battery. I had the spark plugs and coolant changed at 80k and want to have it done again very soon at my local dealer. I don't have enough nerve to do the spark plugs myself. Any common sense additional replacement parts would you guys recommend? I.E drive belts, chains, any valves, any pumps, brake fluid, fuel filter etc. I live near Memphis TN so I have decent weather most of the year. I'm not rich but don't mind spending money where it makes sense. I want to keep this vehicle for at least 5 more years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

any check engine light on?

I would get the spark plugs done again. scan for codes just in case, you might want to replace your ignition coils (which you will need to remove to get to the plugs anyways)
air/cabin filter
alignment
inspect all suspension components
full brake flush on all 4 corners and caliper service/lubrication if necessary
differential fluid change
grab some chevron fuel system cleaner and do some full throttle pulls on the highway (if you don't redline the car every month or so, this will be a good idea)
paint wax/detail
full transmission fluid service (change the filter!!) and replace solenoids/valvebody while you are in there. use good fluid such as Redline if you open up your transmission.
inspect engine belts pulleys tensioner if possible
I would suggest running one oil change with shell rotella 5w40 (or use an additive, but the rotella will do a far better job) to clean out the engine.
with the engine fully warmed up, open the hood and listen for any ticking or sounds (other then the fuel injection ticking away)
power steering flush (use the pump by turning the wheel all the way left and right with the steering line disconnected)
water pump

that just about sums everything up.

Last edited:
Reactions: qck

Additional things I'd consider:
1. Water pump - when these fail it can take the engine with it.
2. Transmission fluid, although if you haven't touched it yet, I'm not sure I'd start now.
3. The serpentine belt and power steering belt.

The spark plugs aren't that bad to change, it just takes some time.

Reactions: qck
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. There are no engine light or codes, and it sounds good. The transmission fluid is in the contained unit without a dip stick.

Back