Remote Starter Question '19 GTR

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GTR
Got my GTR on Feb 4th and am loving it! One question on the dealer installed remote starter though. It works ALMOST perfectly. No need to restart the car when I get in and step on the brake pedal.

HOWEVER, whenever I use the remote starter, I get a warning message the the Radar CC is disabled below 20mph. And sure enough, it will disable if I drop below 20mph. I'll bring it up to the dealer at my first service, but figured I'd post here in case there's an easy fix.........

Thanks!

Got my GTR on Feb 4th and am loving it! One question on the dealer installed remote starter though. It works ALMOST perfectly. No need to restart the car when I get in and step on the brake pedal.

HOWEVER, whenever I use the remote starter, I get a warning message the the Radar CC is disabled below 20mph. And sure enough, it will disable if I drop below 20mph. I'll bring it up to the dealer at my first service, but figured I'd post here in case there's an easy fix.........

Thanks!

I'm going to guess this isn't a genuine mazda remote start.
could be from Fortin or perhaps Compustar.
Either way, what you need to do is have them update the remote start firmware..this was a known issue, and it was posted on some previous threads.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you!

i'm going to guess this isn't a genuine mazda remote start.
Could be from fortin or perhaps compustar.
Either way, what you need to do is have them update the remote start firmware..this was a known issue, and it was posted on some previous threads.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Why? What is so bloody hard about a remote start like Jeep has been doing for decades?! WTF, Mazda?

Take it easy. If Jeep has been doing it for DECADES, drama queen, then they are no question the front runner in that department. No one else was doing it DECADES ago...

I would safely assume as well that this is an aftermarket starter. I had the same issue after installing my IDATASTART HC2352AC remote starter. I took the car back and re-flashed the module with the latest firmware but it didn't work right away. The dealer advised me to disconnect the battery and that was what fixed the issue.

I would safely assume as well that this is an aftermarket starter. I had the same issue after installing my IDATASTART HC2352AC remote starter. I took the car back and re-flashed the module with the latest firmware but it didn't work right away. The dealer advised me to disconnect the battery and that was what fixed the issue.

i believe idatastart and compustar are the same company, good to know after update, disconnecting the battery worked!

Take it easy. If Jeep has been doing it for DECADES, drama queen, then they are no question the front runner in that department. No one else was doing it DECADES ago...

Alright, fine, they've been doing it along with radar cruise control since 2008, I know for sure. But bro...seriously...it's 2019...

Well, the dealer did my install, before I took delivery. One would THINK they would have tested it before handing the vehicle over to me........ (notcool)

Well, the dealer did my install, before I took delivery. One would THINK they would have tested it before handing the vehicle over to me........ (notcool)

haha you would think!
but then again you should see the other post where the owner received his brand new car with dealer installed tow hitch all F'ed up!!

Make sure you reply back with how it goes for you. I've got a compustar and it does this all the time. I tried having the dealer reflash the firmware of the remote start and it helped for bit but now it's back. Seems like I never get the error when testing the remote start when it's warm in the summer but always comes up in the winter. I'm wondering if the starter has new firmware again now that fixes the issue. Not sure where to look or how to get that done since the dealer 1 year warranty on accessories is done now other than paying dealer rates :(

Mine does the same thing I just shut the car off and restart with the push button and then its fine.

Back