Remote start help...

:
07 CX-7 AWD TOURING
I think i put my remote start in valet mode.....it honks when i push the button but does not start.......can anyone help.....I know I can go to mazda....Just don't have the time......Help Please!!!(uhm)

I have the remote start, but I'm not aware of the valet mode.

I know if I press and hold the button it honks a bunch of times. I have to press mine twice quickly to get the engine to start.

guess I'll have to dig out my manual and read about valet mode. Though I rarely use valet service.

Please for the love of ALL that is holy can someone let me know how to get my stupid '06 Mazda 6 out of valet mode!!! Everyone keeps saying read the manual but I've read it like FIFTEEN times, even downloaded it and searched with acrobat and NO WHERE does it mention anything about valet or service mode. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! I live in MN and it's like -10 here right now.

not shure if stock remote starts have valet mode thats more of a security alarm setting... check for a switch under your dash that disengages your remote start from working when people work on your car... should be a toggle switch under your dash somewhere hope thats the problem. I have an after market alarm and whatyou do is open a door then lock then unlock and re-lock the car real fast and the red led stays on instead of blinks. find me a working manual link and I'll try and look for you.

finishlineperformance doesn't have PDF files anymore for some reason link above is dead

Last edited:
also if you see a button under there another way to do it is to turn the car on and off then push the button within 10 seconds of turning off the car... find me a working link or mail me your manual... its prolly something really simple thats only like a half a paragraph cause noone really uses it anyway

Thanks for the note back. I can't seem to find any switch under the dash or anywhere else that makes sense. Part of the problem is that the dealership didn't include the manual for the remote start and there's literally nothing in my manual for it either.

Thanks for the note back. I can't seem to find any switch under the dash or anywhere else that makes sense. Part of the problem is that the dealership didn't include the manual for the remote start and there's literally nothing in my manual for it either.

I have my OEM manual and I can not find anything in it, except to see Vehicle manual.

Is there a reason your not calling/visiting dealership?

Ya - I did try and call the dealership. They said refer to the manual. :)

I told them they did not provide me the remote starter manual and it's not in my service manual. They of course asked me to bring it in. Not a HUGE deal but the dealership is WAY out of my way and it's like -2 for a high here today. Thanks for the replies! I'm still on the hunt.

Ya - I did try and call the dealership. They said refer to the manual. :)

I told them they did not provide me the remote starter manual and it's not in my service manual. They of course asked me to bring it in. Not a HUGE deal but the dealership is WAY out of my way and it's like -2 for a high here today. Thanks for the replies! I'm still on the hunt.

I will check my manual at home in a little when I goto lunch.

do you have a smart key? if not you shoulda got a viper or something after market their customer service is alot better and their manuals are always included and stuff makes sence. plus 2 way remotes are great with better range .. price isn't much diff either

I FOUND IT!!!!!

From Manual:

To disengage Service/Valet Mode: Turn the ignition to the ON position, press and hold the brake pedal and press the START button on the remote control transmitter 3 times. The system will flash the parking lights and beep horn ONE time indicating the system has exited Service/Valet Mode.

FYI To enter Service/Valet Mode its the same except confirmation is 3 horn beeps.

Another thing which is cool:

CAR FIND: Press and hold START button for 2 seconds and the system will flash and honk horn 6x.

Last edited:
DAMN - you guys are the greatest. I SWEAR on everything I know it's not in my Mazda 6's manual but maybe I'm wrong. My wife has the car right now so I'll try as soon as she gets home.

I did know about the car find option. Discovered that while trying to figure WTF I couldn't get remote start to work. Scared the poop out of me. Thought it was a count down to explosion or something. :)

Once again - thanks to all who posted replies and especially GoBlueMazda. If we lived close I'd be buying you a few beers!

I'll post tonight to let you know the outcome. (drinks)

DAMN - you guys are the greatest. I SWEAR on everything I know it's not in my Mazda 6's manual but maybe I'm wrong. My wife has the car right now so I'll try as soon as she gets home.

I did know about the car find option. Discovered that while trying to figure WTF I couldn't get remote start to work. Scared the poop out of me. Thought it was a count down to explosion or something. :)

Once again - thanks to all who posted replies and especially GoBlueMazda. If we lived close I'd be buying you a few beers!

I'll post tonight to let you know the outcome. (drinks)

Hey no sweat. I've been helped out here a few times as well. PS. I live in NW Indiana (30 mins east of Chicago).

Dude - that worked. Again - I can't even explain to you in words my thanks. My wife drives our Mazda and has been making my life a real fun experience since this happened.

Thanks again - and I'm half tempted to freakin drive to Indiana just to buy you a beer!

wow thats alot of work for valet mode I seehow people accidentally do it brake pedal is the valet switch... weird but whatever glad to see someone figured it out.

Dude - that worked. Again - I can't even explain to you in words my thanks. My wife drives our Mazda and has been making my life a real fun experience since this happened.

Thanks again - and I'm half tempted to freakin drive to Indiana just to buy you a beer!

The big question is why did she turn the car to on, step on the brake and then press the button on the remote 3 times.

Seems hard to accidentally do.

I have the remote start, but I'm not aware of the valet mode.

I know if I press and hold the button it honks a bunch of times. I have to press mine twice quickly to get the engine to start.
I had the same problem, pushed button twice after reading this and it worked!

Back