Remote start - defrost & heated/cooled seat control

Hopefully someone can help...

I have a 2020 CX-5 GTR and installed a Firstech FT-DC3-LC remote starter using the iDatalink ADS-THR-MA3 wiring harness and a temperature sensor. The remote starter works just fine, however I noticed when flashing the unit there are options to control the defroster and heated/cooled seats based on temp. No matter what setting I choose, I can't get them to work with the remote starter. Does anyone know if its possible with this setup to get these features working?

Thanks!

Pretty sure it won't actually control the seats on a CX-5. My Fortin unit has the configuration option too, but it needs to be wired in to the seat switches and those are encapsulated with the control circuitry with no external access (so you cannot connect to them).

Yeah I was kinda surprised that wasn't standard. That's included right in the settings on the infotainment center of my 14' chevy cruze diesel to activate heated seats/rear defrost when remote started...

Not sure it is relevant, but Canadian dealer installed remote start on CX9 doesn't even offer control of these, in fact steering wheel and seats don't even activate at all until car started from inside.

Maybe a mazda thing? I haven't really dug into posts here to see if others had success aftermarket controlling these on any Mazda model. Just sort of lived with the disappointment this winter.

Back