Remote Start A2 Error - 2014 Mazda6 GT

Recently had a new key FOB (used) added as a spare at a local lock smith for my 2014 Mazda 6 GT. I did not test the remote start at the lock smith, just the key fob. The next day my OEM remote start FOB, throws an A2 (Remote Engine Start registration error) error when I try and remote start the car. I have tried the Registration Procedure of the Remote Control (Genuine Remote Engine Start Doc) and it did not work. I am not 100% certain the lock smith broke this, but it seems to be a strange coincidence. Can someone please comment, or make a suggestion on how to proceed with this? I prefer not to go to the dealer until I have exhausted all my resources.

Thank You

Recently had a new key FOB (used) added as a spare at a local lock smith for my 2014 Mazda 6 GT. I did not test the remote start at the lock smith, just the key fob. The next day my OEM remote start FOB, throws an A2 (Remote Engine Start registration error) error when I try and remote start the car. I have tried the Registration Procedure of the Remote Control (Genuine Remote Engine Start Doc) and it did not work. I am not 100% certain the lock smith broke this, but it seems to be a strange coincidence. Can someone please comment, or make a suggestion on how to proceed with this? I prefer not to go to the dealer until I have exhausted all my resources.

Thank You
What did you learn? I have the same issue!

Thanks!

I was not able to find a solution. I did not want to give a dealer hundreds of dollars to get remote start back. Karl on Market Ticker may be able to help you.

Back