Red Light/Speed cam announcement on Infotainment

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
Where does my car get this info to tell me. You know the "red light speed camera ahead" warning. Does it 'detect' it upcoming?

Last edited:
It’s part of the roadway database on the SD Card. You have Nav, correct?

It’s only as current as the last database version.

I think it is part of the Sirus traffic app.
So I don't have the Sirius subscription, but it seems I still have access to the weather and such, right? And if what yur UR your you're saying is right, then I still have some of the Sirius functionality?

There is a place in the infosystem to look at the subscriptions stuff that comes from Sirus, don't remember which. I have noticed mine shows traffic status ever once and a while without a subscription but a few days later it is gone...

Yes, with My signature. Thanks
To verify that it comes from Nav, pop the SD card out before starting the car and drive through a known light or speed camera. If it doesn’t sound off like previously, then you know from whence it comes.

Hmmm, now that I think of it, I almost never get those alerts, like maybe once a month. But what is odd is that one day I will get it at the same intersection where I have never got the alert before - and that's at an intersection I am at every day.

NO red light speed camera ahead in HUD, and NO sound warning unless guidance volume is turned up.
How useless can it be :rolleyes::unsure::rolleyes:

Back