Rear wiper spray

:
Mazda 2 Touring 2011
How is the window sprayer on the back of your 2 doing? I find it doesn't do anything adequate job of cleaning and I have tried aiming the nozzle a few times with little success.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

I even took mine to the dealer, and was told it is only supposed to dribble.

You guys are kidding right? Or...somehow I've had this car 3.5 years and had no idea there was a rear window spray nozzle.

You've got to keep the spray going long enough for the wiper to grab water on each pass until it gets the whole window. Sometimes I try to time the squirts, other times I just let it flow until it's clean. It was certainly an afterthought.

I don't see why it couldn't have simply been located in the center of the third brake light.

Isn't this pretty normal for a rear window wiper? Pretty sure my minivan has the same dribble thing.

I have to hold down the lever for 6 seconds to get any washer fluid to come out of the back. I don't even use it anymore.

Like any other hatchback, SUV, etc. whose front washer fluid tank is located at the front of the car: awful. Even my front passage sprayer is not up to the job.

Like any other hatchback, SUV, etc. whose front washer fluid tank is located at the front of the car: awful. Even my front passage sprayer is not up to the job.

Yeah, that's what I figured, that our issue is a common one. Honestly, though, while it certainly doesn't perform great it does do the job. Just hold it long enough for the wiper to catch the fluid two or three times and you still manage to wipe away any grime within the reach of the wiper.

I just time the dribble so that when the wiper comes back up it swipes the dribble. I do it about 3-4 times.

I don't think it's the dribble as much as the fact that it's placed almost out of reach for the wiper blade itself. Terrible location.

Used mine just for the heck of it, and for the first time ever today! It was unsurprisingly anticlimactic.

Back