Rear wiper blade replacement on 2016.5?

Laurel

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
I need new wiper blades. I bought the Rain-X blades for front and back, and while the front blades are standard replacement, I can't figure out the rear blade. I can get the old one off (followed the instructions in the manual, thanks, lol), but the manual seems to suggest I have to remove and insert only the rubber blade in the car's wiper assembly? Is this true? Halp??

That is not true. Wait...Laurel? Yanny? Sorry.
As they say "installation is a reverse if removal. Replaced mine recently and don't remember any issues?!?

I got this replacement blade on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Just like the OE blade that came on my 2013 with one minor/inconsequential design difference. I believe SWF is an OE supplier to Mazda Europe. Took about a week to get here and was shipped by a garage in Latvia! (if memory serves). Works for me!

I need new wiper blades. I bought the Rain-X blades for front and back, and while the front blades are standard replacement, I can't figure out the rear blade. I can get the old one off (followed the instructions in the manual, thanks, lol), but the manual seems to suggest I have to remove and insert only the rubber blade in the car's wiper assembly? Is this true? Halp??

Is this what your manual says:

2dqt30j.jpg

Yes, that's what's in my manual. So I'm supposed to remove the rubber blade from the new wiper assembly and put it in the old one?

Yes, that's what's in my manual. So I'm supposed to remove the rubber blade from the new wiper assembly and put it in the old one?

These are instructions for replacing the rubber wiper insert only. What's the big mystery here? They're telling you to remove the old rubber along with the metal stiffening bars on either side, install the bars on the new rubber insert and install that assembly in the old arm.

Laurel, I replaced the wiper blade on my 2014 on the rear rather than just the insert.If you purchased the blade assembly(has rubber insert already mounted)just unhook the old one and snap the new one on the wiper arm.To remove the old one I had to pop off the little plastic cover at the base of the wiper arm to allow the arm to be lifted far enough away from the glass to unhook the the old blade assembly.Obviously the front wipers lift far enough away easily.
The instructions are for replacing the wiper "refills" that are just the rubber piece. Good luck, Jmaz

Back