Rear window washer pump noise

Aye, my CX-5 came from the factory broken - with the steering wheel on the opposite side and if had a dollar for every time I jump in the wrong side of this rental!

Regarding washers. The CX-5 has a novel arrangement where it uses one tank and one pump. Yes, you read it correctly. The pump is operated by 2 relays, one of which runs the pump forwards and the other runs it backwards. Because a check valve stops the water going back to the reservoir, it forces it to either the front or the back of the car.

Attachments

• Wiper washer rear.pdf
    815.6 KB · Views: 301
He's right. The washer fluid doesn't "spray" on the rear window, it just runs straight down in a stream. Half of it is already below the window before the wiper blade even gets to it.

Now the question is: Can you mod it to spray :)

I only used the rear spray 3x max. Each time it was during heavy rains.

He's right. The washer fluid doesn't "spray" on the rear window, it just runs straight down in a stream. Half of it is already below the window before the wiper blade even gets to it.

Mine does that too. I just spay it as the wiper sweeps into it manually.

Will have to look and see if you can remove the stream tip and install a “spray” tip on it...

Good point. I just got hearing aids so now I am hearing things that before used to be quiet. I am 8 months into my warranty, so plenty of time for it to fail under warranty.
Why did you use a hearing aid? You need to use hearing protection. Hearing protection equipment will help us to protect our hearing. If you use custom earplugs then you must avoid the unwanted sounds.
Visit the websites and get more information.
https://www.bigearinc.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLr88BtYuo

Why did you use a hearing aid? You need to use hearing protection. Hearing protection equipment will help us to protect our hearing. If you use custom earplugs then you must avoid the unwanted sounds.
Visit the websites and get more information.
https://www.bigearinc.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLr88BtYuo

You're absolutely right about hearing protection, but misunderstood what they were saying. They just got hearing aids because they NEEDED them, and now can hear many quiet noises that they couldn't before because their hearing is already shot.

SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC

AND

PROTECT YOUR EARS

I'll second that about hearing aids.I got mine 2 years ago and hear all kinds of things since then.However,the cx-5's road noise that bothered me before getting them no longer does or is particularly noticeable.This was an immediate difference.Maybe the hearing aids "balanced out" the overall sound landscape.Music is much better too in the same respect.Just my experience.

I'll second that about hearing aids.I got mine 2 years ago and hear all kinds of things since then.However,the cx-5's road noise that bothered me before getting them no longer does or is particularly noticeable.This was an immediate difference.Maybe the hearing aids "balanced out" the overall sound landscape.Music is much better too in the same respect.Just my experience.

Exactly. You got your highs back [some of them, anyway].

It's amazing how many people need them, how many people avoid them, and how much they could benefit from them.

Will have to look and see if you can remove the stream tip and install a “spray” tip on it...
I just used the rear window washer for the first time on my 2017 while trying various un-tried features before my warranty expires. The washer fluid does indeed run straight down the window in what looks like a half inch stream rather than spray. The dispensing end is not visible because it's concealed underneath the black trim that surrounds the third brake light. There's a small gap between the trim and window - the stream must come from there. There are two rubber pathways to the door from the body, and the right hand one (facing the rear window) appears to contain the washer fluid tube.

My conclusion is that this works as designed, and that providing an actual spray would be difficult.

Mazdas247 again with the helpful advice.

Back