Rear Armrest Charging

Question for everyone...I have a 2016 CX-9 Sport and absolutely love it. One thing I was wondering was, can I get the rear center armrest that has the charging ports like the Touring has?? Not sure if it’s possible or if there are pre-exiting plugs for it in the Sport. Thanks!!

I have a suggestion, but dealer or car audio shop can likely better explain your best options. In simple terms yes, you can change out and likely provide power. Go watch youtube video called CX9 center console upholstery replacement by meca for great how to demo that will give you access to auxilliary wiring harness that runs through center console. You have to remove second seat air controller to open up the console area as first step. Pretty easy after you watch video.

I ran power supply cable from center console, behind trim pieces up to steering column then over to driver side A pillar for my phone GPS powers supply, I hate power cords on top of console dangling from phone holder or dash cam.

Your cable run would be from center console under carpet, up into middle seat zone.

Back