rain sensor cover removal

cslang77

:
2010 Mazda5 GS
Hi, I am a owner of a new to me 2010 Mazda 5 GS. I am having some difficulty with the rain sensing wipers. I think that the plug for the sensor may be loose, reason being is that the wipers were not working on auto then I tapped the sensor cover lightly and they started working. Does anyone know how to remove the cover for this sensor(lillte black box in front of the rearview mirror)? Any help would be great I just dont want to force it if there is a trick to the removal. thanks

Did you figure it out? There's a service manual posted up on here somewhere that might give a clue. I'll post back if I find it.

The <'10 are different. There's a rain sensor install manual for the Mazda3 floating on the Internet. LMK if you can't find it and I'll post it. Not near my PC at the moment.

I actually figured it out. thanks Turns out when my windshield was replaced, the sensor wasn't installed correctly

I actually figured it out. thanks Turns out when my windshield was replaced, the sensor wasn't installed correctly

Can you please elaborate? I bought a used 5 recently, it had a windshield installed before selling to me, and now I am having issues with the sensor as well. Mazda dealer is only moderately helpful so far. Thanks

Back