Quaker State Ultimate 0W-20

:
CX-5 + Nissan Versa Hatchback
What do you guys in the know think about this oil? Thinking of buying some as it is on sell this week for $2.99 / Qt.

What do you guys in the know think about this oil? Thinking of buying some as it is on sell this week for $2.99 / Qt.

I know Walmart had it for $18 / 5 litters so I picked it up and used it on my last oil change.
I subscribe to the theory that all major brands of oil would work as long as the right grade, on a low performance engine, so I get anything on sale :)
I did zero research on it.

I know Walmart had it for $18 / 5 litters so I picked it up and used it on my last oil change.
I subscribe to the theory that all major brands of oil would work as long as the right grade, on a low performance engine, so I get anything on sale :)
I did zero research on it.
It looks like Walmart have 5-quart container for $21.97. @ Menards
$2..99 for 5 qt. =$14.95.
But the main question would we want it in our engine?

I go for Pennzoil Platinum, $23/jug at Wal-Mart. It's one of the best rated full synthetic oils that you can get at a major chain store.

It looks like Walmart have 5-quart container for $21.97. @ Menards
$2..99 for 5 qt. =$14.95.
But the main question would we want it in our engine?
What OCI do you follow? If you are not hard on the car just get the cheapest full synthetic you can find. Semi-sync and dino works just as well as long as you know your conditions and OCI.

The 2012 and up models are filled from the factory with 0w-20 synthetic.

That would be for MPGs, not engine longevity. If it were me & I lived in STL, I would prob go 0W20 in the winter, but go back to 5W20 for the summer. 5W when cold won't do enough to MPGs for you to really care vs. too light oil & the potential for damage.

Back