Purchasing a new Mazda3, need your help, tips, recommendations please

maspar

:
2011 mazda 3
Hello, I'm purchasing a 2011 Mazda 3 GS and I was wondering if the community can give me some advice and clarify some questions. I have never owned a mazda perviously, I've always driven honda's and a toyota's.

This car has the 2.5 engine with automatic transmission and about 74000kms on it, aside from general maintenance (oil change, brakes, etc), are there any problems that are common with this Mazda?

Any electrical issues, excessive oil consumption? transmission? or any leakage issues that I should be aware of?

In terms of gas consumption, how many kms do you all get from a full tank with a mix of city and highway driving?

I'm aware of the rust issues with Mazda's and I get all my cars rust proofed so thats not a problem.

I'm a student and my funds are very scarce, I just need to know that I'm not buying a car that will end up being a headache down the road or have the car sit in a shop more than it drives on the road.

Thank you all in advance!

Points to note about the Mazda 3

I have had my Mazda Axela (3) for just 3 months. It's 2009 model, 2L engine. I have found it to be a bit of a gas-guzzler compared to my previous car which was admittedly a manual and only a 1600cc engine. I get 450kms approx per tank of petrol (I'm not sure what size the tank is but today it took about 45 litres of petrol when VERY empty).
One thing I have noticed is the really bad BLIND SPOT to the left and right of the windscreen and have narrowly missed several vehicles that I have literally pulled out immediately in front of! Very scary stuff. I have to ensure I triple check every time I pull out, and not to be too hasty when I do so. Yes the car has good pick up, so I can squeeze into fast moving traffic easily, but I don't want to kill myself in the process!
Good luck with your new Mazda. :)

Back