Purchasing a 2020 3 Hatchback

Hi, new to the forum. I'm thinking of purchasing a 2020 3 Hatchback (base trim level). I had a 2014 3 with the 2.5L and a 2015 with the 2.0. Loved both cars. I'm in the negotiating process. The only thing holding me back is the CX-30, which is essentially the same car just lifted a bit. Is there anything I should look out for with the Hatchback that I may be not aware of?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I believe all 3 trim levels have CD. But don’t let that be a deal-breaker. I’ve got a 2019 3 hatch, and I don’t even notice when CD comes on. The only way I know it’s doing anything different is by putting it on the display screen and see it. If no one ever told me about it, I’d never know it was even there.

More people seem to be concerned about the twist beam rear end, believing it’s inferior to the multi link on earlier models. I had a 2015 3 and a 2017 CX5 before this one, and again, I can’t feel the difference. I drive over some horrifically crappy roads daily, and this car feels perfectly planted in all conditions.

I’ve only had mine a couple of months, but I’ve had zero issues with it. It’s a lease, and I’m already planning on buying it out when it’s up, because I love the car. Just test drive one and see for yourself.

Latest posts

Back