proteged 03.5 msp build thread/blown motor

From what I have read, 9:1 pistons are good for about 12-14 psi. So if you go with that compression ratio you want to make sure you choose the right turbo. And the right turbo would be the one that makes good power (for that turbo anyway) around 12-14 psi. Honestly if you are going to keep it street driven, which most of us do since it is a Protege... I think 12-14 psi on a 28rs is perfectly fine for a FWD car. But that's just my opinion so take it as you wish.

im really only thinking about 12-14psi, aiming for 250whp, went to max out the gt25 first since cash well disappear fast on internals, and than ill go with a gt28r hopefully,

i hope so, hopefully i well have enough time and money after motor is done to get my ssafc and wiring harness extension so i can tune, anyone know how good the forge WGA is?

even 440s would probably be the smallest you would want to go. those are the most inexpensive upgrade from the 2.0l wrx.

rc engineering has a good calculator on their website where you can plug in some of your HP goals and work out what size you should be using.

alright thanks man, i've been just thinking and doing some price adding to see what im up against for money and where ill be at for hp and what not, what mods ill need to do.

just an update for all you people, finally got my other motor home, on the engine stand, head is off it, cylinder walls look GREAT! and the intake manifold had VTCS AND VICS deleted weird lol, but i well soon be starting to build, my k1 rods are ordered, ordering my wiseco pistions probably after christmas, i deciede to go with the 9:1 ratio so far, might change my mind, well have some more pics up soon, and a few more posts once i take the stock pistons out of my new block.

im really only thinking about 12-14psi, aiming for 250whp, went to max out the gt25 first since cash well disappear fast on internals, and than ill go with a gt28r hopefully,

first owner of my car, someone on the forum here,i forgot his name made like 270 whp at like 16 psi stock turbo, although he had greddy emanage i think, and had timing control, sadly i only have fuel control now with SSAFC =[

thanks man, soon going to start, just christmas is taking all my time and money lol, slowly getting my stuff bought so i can soon start.

just an update for all you people, finally got my other motor home, on the engine stand, head is off it, cylinder walls look GREAT! and the intake manifold had VTCS AND VICS deleted weird lol, but i well soon be starting to build, my k1 rods are ordered, ordering my wiseco pistions probably after christmas, i deciede to go with the 9:1 ratio so far, might change my mind, well have some more pics up soon, and a few more posts once i take the stock pistons out of my new block.
id probably recommend 9:1, maybe with a thick headgasket. that seems like the happy medium, 8.5 is overkill unless youre aiming for well over 300whp.

yeah thats what i was thinkking, hopefully well work out well, and work very well and it wont blow up, im staying gt25 for awhile no need for a new turbo yet. mine is just fine.

havnt posted in awhile or had posts, so ill update this some more
update so far, 9:1 wiesco pistons arrived, SSAFC, pod pillar, oil pressure gauge, new block, CS DP on its way, wideband on its way, oil pressure gauge is here, sold my other boost gauge ordered new one, so far block is painted black on the outside, pod pillar in just needs gauges, wires ran to it for lights, all hoses ran for oil and boost gauge, seats are out, ECU is out and ready for SSAFC to be installed, engine bay cleaned up, front bumper removed waiting for FMIC, headlights removed and blacked out with orange corners taken out, badges on back and front are off and ready for black paint, taillights have been tinted lightly, left the clear part unpainted, K1 rods were orderd dec 31st and never arrived!!! so something well be done about this. pics up soon, also have a set of 440cc injectors here
engine rebuild is starting once rods arrive, :D well be back on the road hopefully by mid may

thanks man, its slowly coming together just parts and money holding me back, hopefully tomorrow night i will have some new pictures posted of parts and progress already, i got abit of free time now so ill be on here posting some more stuff as i go

Back