2016~2023 Proclip mounts - user reviews?

Morning. I have nailed down our cellphone mount to proclip brand but see 2 different versions on their website. Found some older threads on the forum but wanted to get the latest feedback on them, particularly with the 16-21 MY CX9s.

Has anyone bought these, and if so which mounting style and your thoughts on them?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-080008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-080008_Samsung Internet.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20210224-075947_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210224-075947_Samsung Internet.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 161
Side note, I was 99% sure of using a magnetic mount system with the proclip but worried about the wireless charging. Hmmmm...

I have yet to find a reason to have a device mount in the CX-9. I usually plug the device in (to have CarPlay capability) and place it in the front cubby of the center console. I have also yet to find a situation where I needed to see the device's screen while driving the CX-9. I mainly use the steering wheel controls or the console commander switch. Hence, I have not purchased a device mount for the CX-9 and the dashboard is clean and clutter-free.

In my other vehicle that does not have an infotainment system like our 2019 CX-9, I use a mount to view the device screen when needing to use navigation or, in rare occasions, to toggle music/podcast playing on an app on the device. In my old daily driver (a 2007 VW GLI which my son uses now) where I installed an aftermarket infotainment system that has CarPlay/AA to prevent my son from fiddling with his device while driving, I still placed a device mount since there was no usable cubby to place the device and didn't want it to be flying all over the place. However, when the device is mounted, it's rarely interacted with since the aftermarket infotainment system has good voice commands and the installation included steering wheel controls.

Side note, I was 99% sure of using a magnetic mount system with the proclip but worried about the wireless charging. Hmmmm...

I have had a bad experience with another magnetic mount, not proclip, but something to consider. I loved the secure attachment of the magnetic vent mount, but perhaps because of the placement of the magnetic disc on the back of my phone the gps never worked reliably. Using note 8, once attached to the mount, I could not get a gps signal to reliably use navigation, which was a pain.

I have had a bad experience with another magnetic mount, not proclip, but something to consider. I loved the secure attachment of the magnetic vent mount, but perhaps because of the placement of the magnetic disc on the back of my phone the gps never worked reliably. Using note 8, once attached to the mount, I could not get a gps signal to reliably use navigation, which was a pain.

Hmmm I have an S10 samsung. Do you know where you placed the magnet? I may try it and if it affects anything will go to a standard slide in mount. I've never used a magnetic mount before. Thanks!

I had a Proclip in my MZ3, switched it for a Kuda, and was far happier with the Kuda. The Kuda fit the car better, and just has a higher quality, more factory look to it.

Hmmm I have an S10 samsung. Do you know where you placed the magnet? I may try it and if it affects anything will go to a standard slide in mount. I've never used a magnetic mount before. Thanks!
The magnet is on the holder, the adhesive backed metal disc was just below the main camera. When not attached to the holder, the phones gps works normally, when attached to the mount, it would endlessly search for gps.

Back