Price reductions/deals

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
23 Kia Stinger GT Elite
Just curious what the atmosphere is like in dealerships these days, given the virus threat that we are currently experiencing. I'm assuming that dealer traffic and sales for all manufacturers would be in serious decline at the moment.

Ironically, that may prove to be a benefit to some that are car shopping, as I'm inclined to think the incentive to sell would be quite strong from a dealership point of view. I have not gone car shopping in the past few weeks, but I would be interested to hear from anyone that has seen a trend, one way or the other. I need a new vehicle to replace my aging Pathfinder, so this may be a good time for me.

Cheers everyone.

Hope you are all staying safe.

First of all, as @Buzzman12 mentioned...I hope everyone is staying safe!

Good question...I'm wondering the same thing...I haven't been to a car dealership here in Japan recently but I'm very curious as to how they are handling the current situation. Seems like a lot of people are staying home and or avoiding crowds and public transportation...Actually, I wonder if car sales are going UP in some cases because people want to avoid public transportation (which is heavily utilized in Japan)....Hmmm....That said, you do have remote work now...

I guess it depends on how one views the whole isolation thing. Save on price, yes, I'd think their sales volumes have dropped so deals to be had.

But...you need to sit with the sales person, then finance, at least 2 or 3 visits for most. Then car gets prepped by someone, inside touching every surface. If I were in Spain now, and I took delivery of a car couple weeks ago, I'd be taking my temp daily. I'll admit I'm more risk averse than most.

Delivery schedule matters too. As things slow and tighten up, can your dealer survive the month to get you the car if it's not on lot? Put 5k down, get a nice deal, but if dealer goes thru cash crunch...you might not have a dealer in a month to take the new car from. Bye bye 5k.

Obviously this would all be rare...but if a dealer was on thin ice already before all this...who knows. I'd be very leery of long delivery and large down payment at the very least.

And yes, I'd wipe the crap out of that interior upon delivery. Again, I'm more careful than avg.

Back