Potentially buying a Mazda2...Mileage too high?

Hello, I am from the UK myself and saw a 2007 Mazda2 1.5 Sport for sale locally, but it does have 120,000 miles. The MOT on it shows to have no hidden faults and the seller has all round good reviews so feeling it might be alright myself.

I'm basically wondering if you guys would consider this to be too many miles? Obviously I know taking care of it will enhance longevity (which I intend to do), but do Mazdas live up to Toyota's known lifespan?

Main reason I am looking at this one is because I have been looking for a car for a long while now and getting desperate to get on the road ASAP. I have been looking at all types of cars, including all the trash European ones too, but all MOTs show themselves as needing intensive work, priced too high, or sellers didn't outline major damages in their ads when I went to view their garbage (Renault Clio, Peugeot 206, Vauxhall Corsa lol).

Thanks!

Mine has 175,000 miles and counting, with no major issues to speak of. As long as it's working right you shouldn't worry about it as long as the price is right and it drives well. One caveat, I'm in the US so a lot of those miles are highway, but honestly there's not a ton that can go wrong with these cars and things are pretty cheap and easy to fix when needed.

Mine is just about to click over 60,000km. Have had it since new in 2009. Stuff is starting to age out rather than wear out. I.e. even though it's still relatively low km the seats are starting to get soft and the rubber window strips (belts at bottom of window edge) are aging and cracking up. Clutch is a bit high but I know why that is... :p

Back