Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Thanks! They are german, Dezent TD Dark satin black. 17"x8 ET38 and 45, fitted with Hankook Winter I'cept EVO 235/65 front and 255/60 rear. The set of tires are actually made for AWD SUV's with staggered width (BMW etc.) Very satisfied with looks and performance.
did the flares come in the same color as the oem trim?

No, they came in white. My friends at the paintshop used a special colour that is made to look as oem plastic. It's even a special "Mazda Black Plastic" colour code. Sprayed with structure effect. Will get the brand and code of the paint and post it here.

Nice, I wanted to do the blue reflective tape on the front like I had done on the back and take it inside the headlights but the dealer told me they didn't come apart :( So someday when the wife isn't home I need to use her oven :) I'm going to burn in hell for this!

first post....got my cx5 about a month ago. car got hit a couple of days ago, unknown driver since it was hit when I was not around, it wasn't anything major but it got me to do some mods on the car when I had it fixed. Satin black wheels & emblems. looking to doing the same to roof rails and carbon fiber look trim on the interior any suggestion on materials?

AFTER THE HIT:
2nr9jo.jpg

AFTER REPAIRING AND MODS:
s5vj2r.jpg

119vx39.jpg

Last edited:
first post....got my cx5 about a month ago. car got hit a couple of days ago, unknown driver since it was hit when I was not around, it wasn't anything major but it got me to do some mods on the car when I had it fixed. Satin black wheels & emblems. looking to doing the same to roof rails and carbon fiber look trim on the interior any suggestion on materials?

AFTER THE HIT:
2nr9jo.jpg

AFTER REPAIRING AND MODS:
s5vj2r.jpg

119vx39.jpg

They did a fine job of repainting the Soul Red bumper. I have heard it is near-impossible to match the Soul Red paint, but seeing this gives me some confidence. Thanks for posting.

Its not. It's an excuse for a body shop when they paint and the color is off to not have to redo it. Both times ( seperate intances) my bumper was not matched I had it redone and it matched almost perfect both times on the 2nd go.

Just found out there are aftermarket headlights for the CX-5 now. Not sure how this would work with AFS, I've never really looked at how the mechanism is attached when I had the lights off. Wouldn't need to use their bulbs/ballast either. Not sure how I feel about the style of the drl strip though (looks a bit like female eyeliner car version). I am a little interested in these because they have the black trim to match my rears, but the drl strip and the lame built in orange on the side are a bit off. I do like that the blinker is still OEM, meaning I can put my switchback in there. I expect to see more styles appear in the next few months though.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...d-headlight-new-cx-5-led-drl/32353853849.html

Last edited:
Just found out there are aftermarket headlights for the CX-5 now. Not sure how this would work with AFS, I've never really looked at how the mechanism is attached when I had the lights off. Wouldn't need to use their bulbs/ballast either. Not sure how I feel about the style of the drl strip though (looks a bit like female eyeliner car version). I am a little interested in these because they have the black trim to match my rears, but the drl strip and the lame built in orange on the side are a bit off. I do like that the blinker is still OEM, meaning I can put my switchback in there. I expect to see more styles appear in the next few months though.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...d-headlight-new-cx-5-led-drl/32353853849.html

The adaptive light motors are part of the OEM assembly. In other words, using aftermarket housings will eliminate the AFS feature.

The adaptive light motors are part of the OEM assembly. In other words, using aftermarket housings will eliminate the AFS feature.

Thanks for the info, that might be an option for someone with halogens if they like the style.

Very nice

This is my 2014 CX-5 GT AWD W/Tech Pack. Not a lot of mods but they will come soon. Thanks guys for all the helpful tips, and taking time out of your day to help everyone out!
WplnxGY.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can't beat a black car. Very nice. Where did you get the window trim? I don't mean the pillar ones.

Here is my baby when we bought her almost two years ago:

8ef7a26bdf6d0865e142f59a2c0427ee.jpg

ad0bf01f5785e17b6794a61024b5b282.jpg

And here she is now with a one of a kind RaceMesh Grille and LED interior lights:

37c2288c2cef0f662e1dbdc90492a0e7.jpg

8cf748f0664f3986882b39383915077e.jpg

cbfb20f0a80eba9c419c6b6d9b8e0f33.jpg

And my upgraded headlamps:

2399f03a78a426b843d79f0e7ab1ff73.jpg

Next on my list is a cold air intake, nicer exhaust, a lowering kit, wheels, and possibly leds under the racemesh grille

I love my CX-5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are brighter to me, which is an upgrade. I am pretty night blind, so they help. Not ready to swap to LED quite yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back