Possible New purchase thoughts?

See attached, trading out a vehicle that unfortunately hasn’t been the best to me. Don’t really mind the payment but as far as everything else, how’s the write up look to those that recently purchased? Accessories I had them add at cost and install are cross bars & hitch/lighting kit for hauling.

Attachments

• 17BD03D3-0D86-419C-9361-213788EC91E7.jpeg
    17BD03D3-0D86-419C-9361-213788EC91E7.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 266
You should be getting at least another $1k off the price. Have you tried getting a quote on your trade from Carvana, or one of the many other services out there? They are desperate for used cars and are offering top dollar right now.

You should be getting at least another $1k off the price. Have you tried getting a quote on your trade from Carvana, or one of the many other services out there? They are desperate for used cars and are offering top dollar right now.

I’m going to a different Mazda dealer that’s in the area just to see what they’ll do price wise. I’ll keep the comparison to myself. Hadn’t thought about carvana.

Are all the accessories things that you want? Or is that another dealer markup excuse? Do remember that most accessories can be bought much cheaper online, after the fact.

Are all the accessories things that you want? Or is that another dealer markup excuse? Do remember that most accessories can be bought much cheaper online, after the fact.
They’re part of the deal at cost including labor. Probably will quote out the parts myself after the fact however for peace of mine, the hitch and lighting wiring needs to be done before I take possession.

I’d actually get the hitch done somewhere else. A technician will actually have to cut a hole in your bumper to fit the OEM hitch. That scared my mother in law right out of that. Salesman was very upfront about it. Showed us a picture of what they had to do and we passed. We preferred an option like a Curt hitch which is nice and high, doesn’t require cutting.

I’m confused. Are you upside down on your trade in? It appears they are adding the $6k and change to the bill of sale rather than deducting it off the sales price.

I’d actually get the hitch done somewhere else. A technician will actually have to cut a hole in your bumper to fit the OEM hitch. That scared my mother in law right out of that. Salesman was very upfront about it. Showed us a picture of what they had to do and we passed. We preferred an option like a Curt hitch which is nice and high, doesn’t require cutting.
Hmm that’s interesting, I’ll have to ask them. How about uhaul as an option for install? Just googled installing a hitch and they came up 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m confused. Are you upside down on your trade in? It appears they are adding the $6k and change to the bill of sale rather than deducting it off the sales price.
Yes I’m upside down, due to unforeseen issues, the vehicle needs to go before anything further happens. I’m in the position where I’m either going to be paying close to the same payment I currently am and getting something with options I want and newer or sinking about 2k into it.

Hmm that’s interesting, I’ll have to ask them. How about uhaul as an option for install? Just googled installing a hitch and they came up 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

Uhaul is definitely an option. Check out this link for some more research. Amazon Home Services isn’t something I would have thought of: https://www.move.org/professional-hitch-installation/

A Curt hidden hitch should run about $150 or less through etrailer.com. It took me about 90 min to install on my ‘13 CX5 so I’m guessing it should take an experienced person less than an hour to do the actual hitch. I found a trailer light harness on Amazon and that was less than $50. Installation took about 30 min for that. Figure 2 hrs of labor plus $200 in parts for an aftermarket installation.

Yes I’m upside down, due to unforeseen issues, the vehicle needs to go before anything further happens. I’m in the position where I’m either going to be paying close to the same payment I currently am and getting something with options I want and newer or sinking about 2k into it.
Buying a new $40K vehicle seems like a horrible decision in your situation.
Rolling over $6K of negative equity, and only putting $2K down?

What is the make/model/year/mileage of your current car?
How many payments do you have left? How much cash do you have on hand?

I would likely spend the $2K to fix your current car instead of incurring even more negative equity by buying this new CX-5.

If you are insistent on getting a new car, you need to set your sights much lower, like a sub-$20K sedan/hatch that you aggressively negotiate.

While I agree with the above post, , I don't think we need to address that, as that's a different question and decision

Last edited:
While I agree with you both, I don't think we need to address that, as that's a different question and decision
Appreciate the back-up, trying to focus the details of the deal not my finances which are fine. Only care about the prices and others feedback.

I don’t care one way or another. I just wanted to make sure there was no error with the paperwork - that makes a big difference.

If the finances appear to be in order, good luck with it!

Back