Please help: Traction,TPMS and CE light on (2014 CX-5)

Hello. My daughter’s CX-5 ce, tpms and traction light came on yesterday with a slight loss of power. After she let it sit, tpms and traction light went away then finally ce light. Our mechanic could not find anything specific, just random codes. Possible help or direction would be appreciated. It’s a 2014 CX-5 with the 2.5.

When was the battery last replaced? I ask because random warnings and codes are often seen when the battery is low or dying. It can still start the engine but the voltage is too low to operate the onboard computers and sensors.

Take the battery to a large chain auto parts store and have them load test it on an electronic tester, this is usually done for free.

Upvote 0
Check battery under load, for free at some of the auto stores as suggested above. Even if its not battery related, it doesnt hurt to check it out. Especially if its older than say 3 yrs or more.

Upvote 0
Hello. My daughter’s CX-5 ce, tpms and traction light came on yesterday with a slight loss of power. After she let it sit, tpms and traction light went away then finally ce light. Our mechanic could not find anything specific, just random codes. Possible help or direction would be appreciated. It’s a 2014 CX-5 with the 2.5.
If you had CEL, you should find out the codes, no matter the mechanic said they’re “random” or not. Can you go to any auto parts store and have them read the codes if there’re any still saved? Or you can get one by yourself and read the codes.

With error codes, we can start to diagnose the problems much easier.

Upvote 0
One cannot just check voltage of battery. Voltage does not say it all. Load test is checking the driving strength (or internal resistance, or how much current it can supply). Need to check both out.

Upvote 0
Back