Plasti dipped Meteor gray?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I'm getting my cx-5 this week and still not sure whether to get black or gray! I have seen black rims on the black trim, but have yet to see how it looks on the gray.

If anyone has any pictures of their touring dipped please post!!

Side note: Are the touring rims the same design as the grand touring, which just a metallic gray tint? It's hard to tell :/

Last edited:
I went with the flat black option and really like it. Although, I have the 2015 Mazda CX-5. I dipped mine without taking off the tires. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Mazda CX-5 Dipped 1.jpg

Mazda CX-5 Dipped 2.jpeg

Last edited:
I attached a few pics I had on hand, if you search for my motm entries you will find many more. I have metropolitan grey which is similar, wheels dipped in anthrecite w glossifier

Attachments

• tip2.png
    tip2.png
    559.7 KB · Views: 519
  • drop1.jpg
    drop1.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 593
  • spacer1.jpg
    spacer1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 882
  • cx5speed1.jpg
    cx5speed1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 754
Yea I'm thinking of dipping my tires as well :). You just covered the insiders and sprayed your 3-5 coats ?debating doing the same except maybe tape up the lugs.

I have a meteor grey and just Plasti dipped the rims this evening! This pic was after a few hits. I'll upload a completed pic tomorrow when I take the take/bags out.

But know this.... The front tires are a pain in the ....... ...! The calibers are literally almost on the rim -.- but the back has a lot more tolerance.

IMAG0385_1.jpg

And yea did the whole wife hold flashlight while I sprayed lol. Time got away from me. Looks awesome though. I threw a full 5 cans at it.....go big or go home....plus I do a ton of highway driving.

Btw. Covered the emblem. But sprayed the lugs. So much easier....And for God's sake...do the trash bag to protect the inside it's soooo Much easier!!! ( except those horribly close calibers on the front wheels. -.-

Also went with a matte black. Everything's so dang shiny or I've put leds in/on it, figured the nice all black matte with a sparkle in the center cap would do well to mesh it all together.

I'll upload a better pic in a bit. My phones main camera is messed up.

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 1,634
Anyone plasti dip their black CX-5? I'm debating on doing either charcoal grey or black but can't decide.

Back