Picked up new CX-5 last night

DrTraci

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Bought a blue CX-5 Touring last night. Really like it so far. Solid handling/feel, good visibility all around. Not a rocket, but then I knew that going in. BlueTooth integrates very well with my iPhone 4S. Like the blind spot indicators. Interior is sharp and very comfortable. Planning a good road trip after we put a few shake-down miles on.

Attachments

• cx51.jpg
    cx51.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 895
Congratulations. I just test drove a GT and it's a really nice car. The interior is fantastic for this price point. I especially love the steering wheel. Nice and meaty with high quality materials. The center stack is also attractive and simple. This car also has a ton more space than I would have expected.

I really need to get out and drive one. Thinking about replacing the wifes 05' 3i with a new GT CX-5. Let us know what you think after your road trip!

Looks great. I am amazed at how close it is in specs and design to the CX9. It really is just missing the rear seat and the HP as virtually everything else has been crammed into the CX5. I am seriously thinking about trading my perfectly satisfactory (except gas mileage) CX9 GT in for the diesel CX5 GT when it comes out in a year or so.

congrats!!! I just put an order down for the GT in metro gray....but they're telling me it'll take 2 months for delivery! :( anyone have a clue why it takes that long?

congrats!!! I just put an order down for the GT in metro gray....but they're telling me it'll take 2 months for delivery! :( anyone have a clue why it takes that long?
be cause they are made in Japan. figure a couple weeks to get into the build cue, a week for the build, and about a month in transportation.

for comparison, we special ordered our mazda5 gt back in 08, and it took 3 months to finally get to the dealer.

i am very jealous. after my 3 is paid off/sold i might pick one up. i am looking forward to see what ya have to say about it!

sigh...thanks for the heads up. I know 2 months isn't long, but it sure feels like forever!

Thanks for all of the replies.

I think you will all enjoy the CX-5 when you get yours.

We actually bought this one for our daughter who lives in Seattle (which will be our long road-trip (Denver-Seattle) to ferry it out). So far we have about 100mi on it (wanted to put a few local miles on before the big trip just in case and to vary speed as recommended). I normally drive diesels (VW Jetta & Touareg), obviously the CX-5 does not have the torque and rocket like hit like one of those (I am very anxious to compare the diesel CX-5 when it is released), but it is quite respectable at launch.

As mentioned, it handles very well and feels solid. Like my VW's, this thing is just plain fun to drive. For my VW's, it is called Fahrvergngen, for the Mazda it is Zoom-Zoom as I understand it. Average fuel use (per dash) so far is 25mpg with about 70/30 city/hwy miles. May get a chance to see how it handles in the snow tonight...

Am really liking the BlueTooth in this thing. For hands-free, it is much better than that in my VW's. I can verbally call a name right out of my (iPhone) contacts list (ie; call Gary mobile), and it dials him right up. This operates like the Parrot hands-free I had in my older Jetta (other daughter has this now). In my newer VW's, I have to pre-record favorite names with my voice so I could call by name.

Good luck to everyone on getting your CX-5, I think the wait is worth it.

More Pics:

Attachments

• cx52.jpg
    cx52.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 745
  • cx53.jpg
    cx53.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
great pics! would love to hear how it handled in the snow! Don't get quite as many inches as you guys in colorado, but when we do, it ain't pretty either. Also owned a VW jetta before this, so this would be my first AWD.

Nice and congrats to your daughter for the nice car to drive.

I also need to check these out...especially the diesel. i love the compactness and utility of my speed3, but dont need another overpowered fwd

i think the cx5 would be a good replacement

Really not sure why it takes 2 months.

Ordering here, it seems the vehicle build date is next day.
My order printed from Mazda system shows:

Order date: 14th Feb
Build date: 15th Feb
VIN number XXXX
Ship name: MICHIGAN HIGHWAY
Departed Hiroshima 20th February

Ship Itinerary

Port Name Direction Arrival Departure
MIZUSHIMA S 15/02/2012 16/02/2012 << MITSUBISHI
NAGOYA S 17/02/2012 17/02/2012 << TOYOTA/LEXUS
YOKOHAMA S 18/02/2012 18/02/2012 << SUBARU
HIROSHIMA S 20/02/2012 20/02/2012 << MAZDA ALL BUT 3 & 6
NAKANOSEKI S 21/02/2012 21/02/2012 18:20 MAZDA 3 & 6
BRISBANE N 04/03/2012 08:50 04/03/2012 16:00 >> OFFLOAD
PORT KEMBLA N 05/03/2012 06/03/2012 06:00 >> OFFLOAD
MELBOURNE N 07/03/2012 08/03/2012 >> OFFLOAD
ADELAIDE N 10/03/2012 10/03/2012 >> OFFLOAD
FREMANTLE N 13/03/2012 13/03/2012 >> OFFLOAD
IRAGO N 26/03/2012 26/03/2012

So lands in Port Kembla for Sydney on 6th March.

Delivery expect from the dealer to me - 16th March.

Now my biggest problem. I want the Tech Pack, so I have to choose another shipment.
Bugger!!

So from order to delivery is about a month for Australia.

Last edited:
Bought a blue CX-5 Touring last night.

Congrats! I did the same yesterday, and I'm happy so far. I came from a 2002 Subaru WRX sedan, so was somewhat picky in terms of handling. Definitely not a performance beast, but it's really responsive, steering is tight, very little body roll through turns, and just a downright well constructed vehicle.

Let us know how the shakedown goes.

Really not sure why it takes 2 months.

Someone told me that production was hampered by the Tsunami's in Japan last year, though that might be dealerspeak for "we don't know, so we're feeding you something that sounds plausible so we look like we know what we're talking about."

Cromulence aside, not many dealers in the US seem to have them yet, either.

dealer here sold a GT the first day it came in. i think 3 came in total, i checked one out. the dealer told me the owner was trying to get them to NOT sell any until they stocked up on some more

i figured it was so they could have a couple sitting near the main road so they could be seen and thus have more ppl come in and inquire, to which the dealer concurred. but then again, who can say no to a sale, so they parted with the 1st and only GT they had gotten. shame because i really wanted to see the interior of that one

there were also at least 2 i saw at another dealer farther away, but i didn't get out of the car to check them out

besides asking the guy about diesels coming to the US, i asked if he thought they might have to be an "authorized dealer" in order to sell the diesel models (much like the mazdaspeeds). and it sounds to me like im correct in assuming they have to be an authorized dealer for the diesels just like the speeds. unfortunately the closest dealer to me is like a mile away, and they are not an authorized dealer. the one that is is like 15 miles away through s*** traffic

Back