Pcv valve 2017 2.5L

Bump!
I purchased a PCV valve for my 2014 Mazda 5 2.5l, and can't find where it goes anywhere on the engine. Out of the rear of the valve cover there is a hose that runs to the intake just after the MAF, but there is no PCV on that line.

Where does my PCV go?!

I've heard it's under the intake manifold. Don't ask me why it wasn't placed on top of the valve cover or some more accessible place. There is actually what appears to be a foam piece under my intake manifold. Haven't taken it off to look yet.

I've heard it's under the intake manifold. Don't ask me why it wasn't placed on top of the valve cover or some more accessible place. There is actually what appears to be a foam piece under my intake manifold. Haven't taken it off to look yet.
Thanks. I did find it and it is completely buried under the intake manifold, on a black plastic breather box attached to the side of the block. Asinine! It's Impossible to access without removing the entire intake, and others. Therefore, I am not going to replace it yet, and just keep the spare PCV on my garage shelf for now.

My mileage went south recently and just wanted to take care of any culprits. This shadetree wrencher is not getting more involved than I need to get involved.

After doing the water pump, thermostat, BOTH idler pulleys and the belt tensioner, I think next time I will just go ahead and pull the engine first. No joke, it would be SO much easier and faster that way.

Maybe with the radiator removed you could get the intake off? But there is nothing like having an engine on a stand (or a tire) in the garage. I'm just not at that place yet.

Back