Painting Centre Console

Anyone paint the trim around the centre console? I want to make it orange to coordinate with my 30AE Miata...

Attachments

• DE_LARA.jpg
    DE_LARA.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 119
I plastidipped my center-console and door switches matte-black with Walmart plastidip. I sanded down the center-console beforehand in order to make it smooth, since it was dented and chipped and looked horrible already. I also unscrewed the cupholders which made it real easy. I put I think 3 coats on all and it went on relatively well.

It looked great for about a week, until dust and dirt started to accumulate. It's kind of hard to clean and is starting to come off from regular contact. Gonna either redo them or possibly vinyl-wrap with the same color.

Benji

I wish the 03 had the lid for the cup holders.

I like having the lid but the cup holder is completely useless for actually holding a drink.
It always falls over.
A bunch of people swapped it out for the holders without a lid.

In the 02 you can only use the cup holder when you're parked or it ends up all over the floor. Lol

I painted my center consol and gauge cluster awhile back, and it still shines like new. I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. lol

Attachments

• chromablue.jpg
    chromablue.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 152
I painted my center consol and gauge cluster awhile back, and it still shines like new. I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. lol
THAT is Definitely my cup of Tea, Coffee, All of the above! Love it! What did you use please?

i redid mine with hammered silver just because it was pretty scratched up and worn. wasn't trying for "custom" just a refresh. krylon, let it cure overnight and put it back in good as new.

Back