P5 with 15x6 +40mm offset

Anyone know if this will cause any issues on stock suspension? I plan to run the stock size tire of 195/55-15R with the wheels. I also did use the search function before making this post but 99% of the posts were talking about going with a bigger and wider wheel.

The stock non-p5 protege wheels are 15x6 +45 (4 stud though) so you should be sweet for strut clearance. Might run in to some brake clearance though? I'm not sure if the P5 brakes are bigger than non P5.

The stock non-p5 protege wheels are 15x6 +45 (4 stud though) so you should be sweet for strut clearance. Might run in to some brake clearance though? I'm not sure if the P5 brakes are bigger than non P5.

I've mounted the wheels on the front so far. Provided the brakes are the same in the rear, I shouldn't have brake clearance issues. I'm mostly concerned about rubbing. In any case thank you for the reply!

Attachments

• MPV Wheels.jpeg
    MPV Wheels.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 175
Kinda looks similar to the NA-6 Miata's "Daisies"...

Yeah good eye. I did want a wheel like the Miata Daises, but not only did they have an incompatible lug pattern like you mentioned, I think 14's either wouldnt clear the brakes, and I think 14's are a bit small for what I was looking for. But yeah these MPV wheels do have a similar look, as they also have a larger center cap with with the lettered Mazda logo.

Attachments

• 1993_mazda_mpv_3_dr_std_passenger_van-pic-5109443260130214524-640x480.jpg
    1993_mazda_mpv_3_dr_std_passenger_van-pic-5109443260130214524-640x480.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 179
Update: In terms of clearance everything was fine and as far as I can tell there wont be any rubbing. Unfortunately, the hub wheel hub seems too large in the rear, and they wont sit flat the on the hub.
IMG_3673.JPG

Looks fine from the front, but when i look at the mating surface, it's not actually on the hub.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 8.38.06 PM.png

Anyone run into this issue when the hub size is the same but it doesn't fit?

Never ran into it but I would NOT run that wheel if it doesn't fit tight against the face of the hub.

Even having too large a center hole puts the studs into shear instead of into compression as they are designed. I've seen broken studs because of this.

It's not fun to have a wheel come off at 70 mph.

Never ran into it but I would NOT run that wheel if it doesn't fit tight against the face of the hub.

Yeah it's definitely not safe and I wont be running them until they sit on the actual surface. So far im just trying to remove the wheel hub cap as I think that's what's preventing it from sitting on the rest of the surface.

Yeah it's definitely not safe and I wont be running them until they sit on the actual surface. So far im just trying to remove the wheel hub cap as I think that's what's preventing it from sitting on the rest of the surface.
That cap has to be there... If you're determined to use those wheels take them to someone that can put them on a lathe and make the center hole a bit larger.

That cap has to be there... If you're determined to use those wheels take them to someone that can put them on a lathe and make the center hole a bit larger.

I was able to remove the cap, and now the it's actually sitting flush with the hub.
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.45.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.45.44 PM.png

Funnily enough, I was able to just slap on the hub cap over the wheel.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.45.59 PM.png

That said, the front axels don't have this hub cap, so the axle nut is more weathered. I think it'll be fine though if it still ended up that way even with the wheel center cap.

I was able to remove the cap, and now the it's actually sitting flush with the hub.View attachment 224828View attachment 224829

Funnily enough, I was able to just slap on the hub cap over the wheel.

View attachment 224830
That said, the front axels don't have this hub cap, so the axle nut is more weathered. I think it'll be fine though if it still ended up that way even with the wheel center cap.
It'll be fine like that, just put the wheel centre caps on.

BenjiHoggi also ran into the same issue when trying to fit Mazda3 wheels to his P5, but his was at the front.

I used bearing grease thinking it's a bearing so that would be best.

Only my rear wheels have caps.

They have different bearings though where I think water could get in.

The front bearings are more sealed.
(but yeah, I should put some grease on that. Lol)

I checked my parts car and it has no dust caps at all and I checked RockAuto and couldn't find anything.

eBay had these but I'm not paying up to $60 for two dust caps. Lol

Back