P0455 Issues

smetzger

03 P5 (x2), 09 Miata, 07 Mazda3, 13 Fit, 09 Ody
Had a P0455 about...
1) replace the solenoid valve about 10k miles ago

2) Got a Pending P0455 -
Replaced the gas cap as everything around the gas cap was very dirty.
Cleared codes.

Been driving for 800 miles and the Evap I/M monitor still hasn't cleared. But I don't have any pending codes

Any ideas on what to do? Coming up on my emissions inspection and I don't think it will pass until all I/M Monitors are complete.

(This is my LX sedan with 320k miles)

Make sure your car is within the monitoring conditions.

Make sure your tank isn't too full or too empty.

Well, after 50 mile drive to work today I scanned and I got a pending P0660.
So, I'll replace the VICS.

Q: If I just have a pending code and I fix the VICS, do you think it will go through its checks quicker if I clear the codes or not clear the codes?

Hah, well... now I have a pending P1569...
Looking through my records, I replaced both the VICS and VTCS within 700 miles of each other.

Q: If I just have a pending code and I fix the VICS, do you think it will go through its checks quicker if I clear the codes or not clear the codes?

Being as Mazda recommends disconnecting the battery, perhaps even to put air in the tires.

I'm guessing it might be better to clear the codes or even disconnect the battery.

One thing that was mentioned in another similar thread, was to check the condition of your battery and charging system.

If your voltage is going low, you can start getting all kinds of erroneous codes related to low voltage.

Many shops will give you a free load test for the charging system.

I replaced both the VICS and VTCS. It took 619 miles before all the IM Monitors (OBDII checks) were complete.

Back