2013~2016 P0303 Cylinder 3 Issue

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Hi All, first time posting. Im having issues with my 2013 CX 5 grand touring. My car lost power while driving. Engine light turned on. I barely made it home to check for a code with my code reader. I got a P0302 misfire. So I assumed it was my spark plugs. I replaced all 4 spark plugs with the NGK iridium plugs. Car ran great all day. I was heading home and the engine light turned on. I checked the code and received a p0303 code this time. So, what I did is I bought another plug to replace it, just in case the original replacement was faulty. I turned on the car this morning and I can tell it started misfiring. I was driving to the gas station and it it began to loose power again. I went home, still got the P0303 code again. I rotated cylinder 3 coil with cylinder 4 coil and Im still getting the same code. Im at a halt right now. Can anyone help what the issue could be? I m a ride share driver full time. So the vehicle has over $260k miles on it. Thx

What is the model number of your new NGK spark plugs youre using? My guess is still the ignition coil. You should also check the ignition cable since your CX-5 has pretty high mileage.

NGK 93501is the stock #. I will check the ignition cable.
The OEM part numbers for spark plugs on SkyActiv-G 2.5L / 2.0L should be PE5R-18-110 or PE5S-18-110. The compatible NGK spark plug should be ILKAR7L11 and the reference number is 94124. What kind of spark plugs in your CX-5 before the plug replacement?

Well they may be replacing part numbers but I still think the photo you posted is just a stock photo and not one of the actual plug needed. Here is a picture that I found for the ngk iridium plugs according to their website. Part number ILKAR7L11 and reference number 94124.
722dc82s-960.jpg

It's really a moot point. I'm sure that denso, ngk, others make an aftermarket equivalent that works just as well as oem. I suspect that one of those manufacturers even make the plugs for Mazda. I don't Mazda has their own spark plug plant!

LKAR7BIX-11S is whats on the outside of the pack of 4 box. So, should all of the spark plugs be misfiring if the incorrect plugs were installed?

Hi yrwei52, I want to thank you for taking the time to respond. I went to Oreilys and purchased the plugs you mentioned. Car is running good now. Have a wonderful rest of evening/day where ever you are. Thanks again!

Hi yrwei52, I want to thank you for taking the time to respond. I went to Oreilys and purchased the plugs you mentioned. Car is running good now. Have a wonderful rest of evening/day where ever you are. Thanks again!
Glad to help you out. Yeah sometimes those auto parts stores will give us wrong parts so Id always either get OEM parts or double check the compatibility of aftermarket parts if I have to go that route when OEM parts are not available.

Back